Twins!

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited November 5, 2009 in People
This was my first newborn and twin photoshoot. This pic is one of my favorites so far. These girls were so tiny, they were preemies, so they are about 4 weeks old in this picture, but haven't passed their due date yet. They were about 5 lbs each. Their coloring was so different, so it was a little hard to get that right, one was so pale and the other so red. I think I got a good shot. This was my last freebie, I hope. I am thinking at this point I can start really charging a small sitting fee. I was so excited to shoot them. My only gripe was that the mother didn't want to do fully nakie baby pics, so in some we have the diapers, she didn't have diaper covers, I am going to have to invest in some to keep with me.

4068110041_432e82c75e.jpg
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    That is an adorable shot! Great job getting them to pose so perfectly like that. I can't wait to see the rest of the bunch :D Thanks for sharing! Have you tried it also in b/w? Might look wonderful too.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    That is an adorable shot! Great job getting them to pose so perfectly like that. I can't wait to see the rest of the bunch :D Thanks for sharing! Have you tried it also in b/w? Might look wonderful too.
    15524779-Ti.gif I think the b/w may help you out here. It's an easy fix for most color problems lol3.gif This shot seems a bit yellowish/brownish.

Lovely shot though, and very cute!
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Thank you!! I appreicate any input!!

The color problem might be the PP I did on this shot.

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    I wasn't sure whether the color was done in pp or taken that way. I found out when I converted to shooting RAW that it helped me enormously with color problems. I used to get funky wb all the time, but since I switched to RAW, I can fix color issues so easily. I'm much happier now shooting RAW! I really like the pose, but perhaps you might want to either go with natural skin tones or b/w. There is a slight grain to this shot also which looks great in b/w! :D I know when shooting newborns skin tone is HARD! They are blotchy, splotchy, blemishy and pink, white or blueish! Not easy to shoot! Plus if you have one twin with a different skin tone than the other b/w is the ONLY way to go, lol! Nice shot! VERY precious.
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    I do shoot in RAW. I am thinking its the PP. It was also the big difference between the skin tones, it was a huge difference!

• JackieCPhotographyJackieCPhotography Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    What an adorable shot!
  • laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Gorgeous! I love natural light, and the position they're in is perfect.

The only thing I would tweak would be to warm the temperature of the photo a bit, make the babies themselves a little less blue. Not sure if it's just my display, but I see a faint blue hue around each of their heads. Otherwise, I love it - well done! clap.gif