a few from Yosemite

gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
edited November 5, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm just starting to go through my shots from the weekend...here are a few rough edits. The panoramic was taken with my Tokina 11-16mm and stitched with the free MS ICE utility...no other processing...and you can see my shadow in it. :)

Mirror Lake pan:

701710055_KAubo-L.jpg

Glacier Point at sunset:

700444611_z5Vmp-L.jpg

and a shot from the Valley:

700439049_fwzeu-L.jpg

thanks for looking!
Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.

Comments

• emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    what state is this in.
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    1 seems a little under exposed to me, but love it none the less. I would like to see the last one in B&W - think that it would look awesome that way!

nice job!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 4, 2009
    Yosemite National Park is in California. it's a gorgeous place to visit and any opportunity to do so is a welcome one for me.

The first image seems underexposed. More than likely due to the hour of the day. it'd be a great shot to make & blend two different exposures. One for the dark part and one for the light. And BTW, I don't mean HDR.

The second has some very pretty sky and looks off into the John Muir Wilderness. And the third, the valley floor--this can be quite spectacular come winter time and a couple of good storms.

Thanks for sharing these.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Out of the 3, IMHO, the first one has the potential to be the best one I think. Can you work on the foreground to lighten it up a bit. That would really help. Did you shoot this photo in RAW or JPEG?

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    I took the liberty to work on the first photo just a bit. I hope that you do not mind. This was very quick and dirty. I brightened up the whole picture just a bit and then used the graduated filter (exposure) in LR2.5 to brighten up the the foreground a bit more.
    I think it is better, but what do you think? Maybe you wanted the foreground darker?

Ron

703457036_nbUyx-O.jpg
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    thanks for the comments! i agree, the pan is definitely underexposed in the water areas. i shot RAW and can try to improve it a bit...these were all done on my laptop, so i skipped a lot of PP since i figured it wouldn't turn out right anyway. rolleyes1.gif

i'll also try a B&W conversion on the last one when i have a moment.

thanks again!
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.