Dogs in gallery

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited November 4, 2009 in Street and Documentary
702055059_Tcqb2-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I love this, especially the point of selective focus.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    [/INDENT]

This one doesn't work for me, Jen - If we just had the one Pug's butt, without the OOF dogs in the background, it would work. But the other dogs are so OOF that I really have to look to figure out what may be going on. I end up thinking maybe this is a dog looking at other dogs - which is startling. rolleyes1.gif If we just had the one dog, it might be a dog appreciating art - and that would be a hoot. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    If we just had the one Pug's butt, without the OOF dogs in the background, it would work.

its actually the people that dont belong in this picture EDIT: :D
    the shot is nice btw.
  • Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    To me, this is just a snap shot.....I have to spent WAY to much time trying to figure out what the story behind it is, that it totally takes the joy and fun out of it....sorry...
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 4, 2009
    I agree with BD that it would have been better with just the single dog. But there's still something appealing about it. How about a square crop to simplify the image?

703035172_WdbPU-M.jpg

Just a thought.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Richard, I toyed with this kind of crop but didn't actually do it. It does look much better!

I guess I'm alone in thinking this is pretty funny. I guess I'll go back to watching my Mel Brooks movie collection.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Personally, I think every photographer worth their salt needs to have a picture of a Pug's bum in a gallery in their collection. I'm happy I've got mine. :buttkiss

Richard, Rutt, I'll play with the crop. You know I like to use square crops on occasion, but I didn't think about it on this time. Thanks for the reminder.

Arron, B. D., Sometimes a picture is only worth one sphincter. I appreciate the comments! bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Personally, I think every photographer worth their salt needs to have a picture of a Pug's bum in a gallery in their collection. I'm happy I've got mine. :buttkiss

Richard, Rutt, I'll play with the crop. You know I like to use square crops on occasion, but I didn't think about it on this time. Thanks for the reminder.

Arron, B. D., Sometimes a picture is only worth one sphincter. I appreciate the comments! bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed