Fall family photos

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited November 4, 2009 in People
I set up a background for a deal for church and took the opportunity to do some family photos.

698097050_pDoWH-M.jpg

698102523_rAG4X-M.jpg

698091719_TTtTV-M.jpg

698092763_KzZYK-M.jpg

698088264_zARay-M.jpg

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Nice vivid colors! I like the black backdrop with the bright orange pumpkins. VERY fall like! Number 3 cracks me up... Their expressions are classic. It was like they were both completely stumped on how to pose and went with the " Uuuh???" look. Nice set. clap.gif Oh, and my favorite is #1.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Hi Josh....some things to consider:

#1. The POV is too low making the subjects look unflattering. Also the subjects are square and centered in the frame but looking elsewhere. The BG is too dark with no separation between the subjects.....what happens when this takes place removes dynamic dimensions. Subjects are typically more intreging to view with light from behind. The yellow color cast accentuates the flaws. I know some think it's a preferrence on color correction...but.....who wants a picture with yellow teeth?

#2. Dead centered. 99% of the time will provide unflattering subjects. A different angle is needed here and a better pose.

#5. Same again...dead centered..hands in pockets...lacking appeal and dynamics. Subject is lit but light returns to cave. Try diligently to move around..even with a "set". Get up a bit higher...see if you can make a "statement" with your images. Try some side lighting..create a mood..shooting from various POV's will afford you new looks and creativity.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Just my opinion.
    I agree with the earlier statement about the shots being too centered. One other thing that sticks out to me is the black background. With this shoot being a fall family shoot, I was expecting a lot of color, especially in the background. In #1, there's just a little bit of straw for color and the young gentlemen's shirt is mostly black. In #4, the older gentlemen's head is coming out of the darkness. I think I would prefer a much colorful, perhaps leafy, background for a fall shoot. But your models definitely have good energy and expressions. Thanks for sharing. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D