Options

Keywords and security

MonkMonk Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I like keywords feature a lot but I am highly disappointed that I can't use it with private and/or password protected galleries.
There are a lot of people which prefer to keep their personal info private - and I am one of them. If I selected a set of my kids photos for their grandma then I would like to share it with her but not with the whole word. Not because it is highly confidential information but because I feel more comfortable do it in this way.
But making my set private / password protected I am loosing the ability to use all nice SmugMug features like search, keywords, timeline and so on.
I understand Don's idea - SmugMug does not want to lose customers who would like keep private things as secure as possible. But it means that SmugMug is loosing us - customers who would like to keep things private (may be not as secure as Pentagon top secrets) and have all nice search/keyword features. Instead we need to stay with old 2 level hierarchy only or share our stuff with the whole world.
It is why you lost me - I couldn't figure out the model I would be comfortable with and canceled my account :(.
I searched through the forum and found that people asking for search/keywording in private galleries a lot.
May be Don and SmugMug guys may return to this question and think how to let us (private oriented people) a way to use all nice features available for others?

Thanks,
Monk