Focus Stacking Question

AguadulceAguadulce Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited November 5, 2009 in Holy Macro
Good day,

Tried the focus stacking tutorial, worked pretty well on the head of the insect, but at the rear of the body there seems to be a mirror image effect.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

(Thanks to Lord V for the tutorial)
Cheers,
Mike

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Hi Mike,
    Nothing major wrong - just means there was quite a lot of FOV movement in the focus slices and you need to crop off both the stripey border at the top and the mirror effect on the right.
    Brian v
  • AguadulceAguadulce Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Hi Mike,
    Nothing major wrong - just means there was quite a lot of FOV movement in the focus slices and you need to crop off both the stripey border at the top and the mirror effect on the right.
    Brian v

Hello Brain V,

Thank you for the help, I will crop to eliminate the area. I bought some extentsion tubes and was trying them out. The bug was guarding her eggs, but was still moving around. Need to practice on a static subject as your tutorial states.

Thanks again,

Mike
    Cheers,
    Mike
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Just to add- the combine series of stacking progs actually adds a border around the pics actually making them larger to allow a bit for FOV movement, so you always have to crop the result to get rid of this. The more movement there is the bigger the borders can be.
    Just noticed there is a slight border on the other two sides as well.
    Brian V.