Need Your Thoughts On Holiday Pictures

PhilMPhilM Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 5, 2009 in People
This year, my wife insists that we have some christmas photos done of our family. This would include me, her and our teenage son. The problem is, she wants me to take them :huh . Keep in mind that I am not a pro, and my gear is kinda for lack of better words, cheap. That beings said, we are going to try some shots outdoors and some inside. My real question is she is thinking of including our dogs (2) in these photos. To me, I could care less either way, but she is concerned including the dogs may not be well taken by others. As a potential recipient of pictures from your family members, do you feel that the dogs would be a good thing, a bad thing, or?? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Life is good and lots of stuff to shoot!! :clap

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    PhilM wrote:
    This year, my wife insists that we have some christmas photos done of our family. This would include me, her and our teenage son. The problem is, she wants me to take them eek7.gif . Keep in mind that I am not a pro, and my gear is kinda for lack of better words, cheap. That beings said, we are going to try some shots outdoors and some inside. My real question is she is thinking of including our dogs (2) in these photos. To me, I could care less either way, but she is concerned including the dogs may not be well taken by others. As a potential recipient of pictures from your family members, do you feel that the dogs would be a good thing, a bad thing, or?? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Honestly I wouldn't care either way. If they are considered part of the family I would probably expect them. I wouldn't think it bad or good either way AT ALL though. Having said that, I send out "Festivus" cards--This year I'm trying to get a family pic featuring the festivus pole, feats of strength and airing of the grievances (Seinfeld)---So I have a pretty good sense of humor.

Keep in mind you are shooting these yourself so go for simple, the pups wil probably add a whole other level of hardship---but you can try and at least be able to say "I tried".

Good luck--and stop worrying about what people thinkmwink.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    I vote for dogs in the photo!thumb.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Dog question is simple.

Do you keep them in the backyard chained up, or do they share your home like a family member?

If the former, please find them a nice loving home. If the latter, why is there a question?

Sam
  • PhilMPhilM Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    Dog question is simple.

Do you keep them in the backyard chained up, or do they share your home like a family member?

If the former, please find them a nice loving home. If the latter, why is there a question?

Sam

Ohh, these are the most spoiled rescue hounds I ever saw. I'll let the pictures tell the story of thier "rough life"

P7050073.jpg

703673460_KnWdj-XL.jpg

703685310_qwzJf-L.jpg

And this is what kills me. Back a few years ago when we would go camping, we would throw an air mattress in the back of the truck, lay out the sleeping bags and that was it. We later graduated to a tent, but this takes the cake. This is how spoiled our mutts are. This is camping now, and the girls have thier own beds :D

703692792_HZiKr-L.jpg

703687235_reMGr-L.jpg

I guess it makes sence to have them in the family portraits as my wife considers them the daughters we never could have :ivar

Thanks all for your input clap.gif
    Life is good and lots of stuff to shoot!! :clap
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    I think it's a good idea. As a matter of fact I am going to NJ this coming weekend to take family photos of my friends family just so the dog can be in the pictures. A lot of people do it. Our pets become just like family. I think you should absolutely include the dogs.
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~