New Camera

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited November 6, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
In 1956 or was it 55, I got a Kodak Brownie and a sheet of instructions.. Couple of weeks ago I got a new Nikon and a 379 page book on how to run it.:rofl I hope I get thru it in my life time and understand it......

This is one of my first shots ... Maybe I need to reread chapter 3 and 4.

701822541_faFTe-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Well, maybe chapters 3,4 and 11,12, and 13 as well. Just kidding. This one certainly is a bit extreme, Azzaro, but what the hell.....you are the KING OF RED and you can do as you damn well please:D :D:D

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Enjoy the new camera.
    Very cool shot. Esp like how you arm frames that inset of landscape and the negative on the sunburst....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Yes - you are the King of Red! And I like this shot!!! So do tell...if it matters - what kind of Nikon camera?
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Well, maybe chapters 3,4 and 11,12, and 13 as well. Just kidding. This one certainly is a bit extreme, Azzaro, but what the hell.....you are the KING OF RED and you can do as you damn well please:D :D:D

Take care, buddy,

Tom

Thanks Tom, for the comment, and the .....rolleyes1.gif..... LAUGH. azzaro
    edited November 4, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Enjoy the new camera.
    Very cool shot. Esp like how you arm frames that inset of landscape and the negative on the sunburst....

Hey Andrew, thanks for commenting. Its a little different pic than I usually do. azzaro
    edited November 4, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Yes - you are the King of Red! And I like this shot!!! So do tell...if it matters - what kind of Nikon camera?

Hi Eia.....Glad you like it. I like to do shots like this, but I know it isn't for everybody.

I have been using a Nikon D40x, which I really like. It is really light, and produces really good IQ. I bought a D90 I wanted bracketing, better noise control, 11 point focusing ..... azzaro
  • z06jimz06jim Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Different but nicely done....I like it.....thumb.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Howdy Azzaro,

I love it, very nicely done, love those wonderful colors and composition, I think you've out done yourself with this one!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 4, 2009
    z06jim wrote:
    Different but nicely done....I like it.....thumb.gif

Thank you for the comment.......azzaro
    edited November 4, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Azzaro,

I love it, very nicely done, love those wonderful colors and composition, I think you've out done yourself with this one!!!

Hi Panther.... Thanks for the really nice comment.... :D azzaro
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    I would like this image, new or old camera.

Congratulations on the new camera thumb.gif
    Randy
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Love LOVE this shot and the PP work:D .

I think it's hysterical how your D90 takes up so much more of your face--note your avatar and now this SP.

Curious--what is that dark spot on the top left of the shot. Almost looks like a busted windshield, but I know that's not it--just wondering.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 5, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I would like this image, new or old camera.

Congratulations on the new camera thumb.gif

Thanks for the comment, Randy........ azzaro
    edited November 5, 2009
    Love LOVE this shot and the PP work:D .

I think it's hysterical how your D90 takes up so much more of your face--note your avatar and now this SP.

Curious--what is that dark spot on the top left of the shot. Almost looks like a busted windshield, but I know that's not it--just wondering.

Thanks Liz.......The dark spot is the sun, just reversed it from blown out to black ...blown out didn't work...the pic. was taken with a 10X24 Nikon lens set at 10mm..... Yup, bigger and heaver..... When I was young I carried everything I owned with me, now I'm old, I take one camera and the lens that is on it.:D azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hi Azzaro :D

A new camera and a new wide lens -- you must of won the lottery or been eating tuna for months :D I'm very happy for you iloveyou.gif

As for your photo -- I really love it. The color is fabulous. This whole photo just blends together so well. Did you write the steps down :D I like how you did the sun. It fits so well into the photo. And your reflection matches up so well with the photo outside the mirror. I know I would of had some major issues trying to do that.

As I use to say long ago....Awesome, Outta Sight and in the Groove thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hey Gary, congrats on a new gear! thumb.gif
    I agree, it's funny how complicated those devices we use on a daily basis are nowadays: cameras, phones...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    love the cool shot,
    shooting Nikon now eh? I wont hold it against you:D

ready to take your new gear to Toro this spring?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited November 5, 2009
    love the cool shot,
    shooting Nikon now eh? I wont hold it against you:D

ready to take your new gear to Toro this spring?

TORO.......Count me in........I will even have a tripod this time.....:D azzaro
    edited November 5, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Hey Gary, congrats on a new gear! thumb.gif
    I agree, it's funny how complicated those devices we use on a daily basis are nowadays: cameras, phones...[/quot

Hi Nik..... Thanks for looking in........New equipment is always fun ......I believe you got a new Canon 7D a short time ago.....And impressive piece of gear............. azzaro
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hi Nik..... Thanks for looking in........New equipment is always fun ......I believe you got a new Canon 7D a short time ago.....And impressive piece of gear............. azzaro
    Yeah I did... First copy had some focusing problems so I had to replace it. Also got a copy of 24-105, so I'm totally ready for my next big outdoor event:
    Canon 5D2 + 24-105L
    Canon 7D + 100-400L
    This way I have a full "near/far" coverage and don't have to change lenses the whole day!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited November 5, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Hi Azzaro :D

A new camera and a new wide lens -- you must of won the lottery or been eating tuna for months :D I'm very happy for you iloveyou.gif

As for your photo -- I really love it. The color is fabulous. This whole photo just blends together so well. Did you write the steps down :D I like how you did the sun. It fits so well into the photo. And your reflection matches up so well with the photo outside the mirror. I know I would of had some major issues trying to do that.

As I use to say long ago....Awesome, Outta Sight and in the Groove thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Mary Kim... I will put together how I PP the pic. and drop you and e-mail. EATING TUNA, MARY K. azzaro
    edited November 5, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yeah I did... First copy had some focusing problems so I had to replace it. Also got a copy of 24-105, so I'm totally ready for my next big outdoor event:
    Canon 5D2 + 24-105L
    Canon 7D + 100-400L
    This way I have a full "near/far" coverage and don't have to change lenses the whole day!

I believe you got it covered...... ..... :D azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Mary Kim... I will put together how I PP the pic. and drop you and e-mail. EATING TUNA, MARY K. azzaro

Thanks Azzaro -- Isn't tuna great when you can get a camera and lens thumb.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Azzaro, interesting what ya got going on in this one.

Your getting a camera on or about 1955 and I'm getting brought onto the
    planet. :D No instructions required for that.

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with using this new camera
    you picked up.
    Michael
  • AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I like that.
    I dabble with that sort of thing when I get a shot that has good composition or is interesting but fails otherwise.

Of the photos of swimming I take for my daughter in college, she and her friends really like the psycho ones... :)

I prefer tradition. :)

I'll post a couple in another thread.

Yours is extremely well done.
    edited November 6, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Azzaro, interesting what ya got going on in this one.

Your getting a camera on or about 1955 and I'm getting brought onto the
    planet. :D No instructions required for that.

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with using this new camera
    you picked up.

1955 was a big year for you....:D Thanks for commenting DaddyO .... azzaro
    edited November 6, 2009
    I dabble with that sort of thing when I get a shot that has good composition or is interesting but fails otherwise.

Of the photos of swimming I take for my daughter in college, she and her friends really like the psycho ones... :)

I prefer tradition. :)

I'll post a couple in another thread.

Yours is extremely well done.

Thanks for the comment........ As shot, this picture was terrible, and I was going to delete it...... The colors gave it some drama and created the composition..... azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    edited November 6, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

THANKS DAN...........:D azzaro