Sitting on the Dock of the Harbour_______IR

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited November 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Sorry Otis:D:D:D

Here's a few more from the beautiful Peggy's Cove.

700341510_D44CE-L.jpg

700341723_qzSyS-L.jpg

700342051_P8U9L-O.jpg

Shot with modded D70S, Thanks for Looking!!!
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 5, 2009
    Very nice color and composition, Craig. thumb.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    I'm really liking this series here. The first one is slightly rotated (the horizon and the house). In the second I almost think "Yukon Dog Sled" when you see that mound of equipment, and that effect is heightened by the IR effects.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    All I can say is "I'm sitting in the last photo next to the wood box on the dock"...do you see me :D That's where I'd like to be right now....

Very good and so inviting to visit thumb.gif

Gotta wonder tho...what would like look like in the dead of winter rolleyes1.gif
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Craig,

I really like the tones of your harbor series. You have to show me how to do it.

Anthony
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    All I can say is "I'm sitting in the last photo next to the wood box on the dock"...do you see me :D That's where I'd like to be right now....

Gotta wonder tho...what would like look like in the dead of winter rolleyes1.gif

Since I used to live down the road from "the cove" I can answer that questionmwink.gif

It doesn't look much different - it's just COLD with the wind off the Atlantic.rolleyes1.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
    edited November 5, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    Since I used to live down the road from "the cove" I can answer that questionmwink.gif

It doesn't look much different - it's just COLD with the wind off the Atlantic.rolleyes1.gif

Not much different....really? What about snow? Do you get lots of snow? Cold...ND can get pretty cold too in the winter. How cold do you get?

What a beautiful place to live .. your very lucky :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I'm really loving these beautiful shots. Being from Florida, the maritime overture to this area strikes a familiar chord with me.....looks like a place I could go and happily spend a couple of months. Keep 'em coming.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Richard wrote:

Howdy Richard,

Thanks very much, never been to a place where I almost got tired of shooting, I said almost:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 5, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I'm really liking this series here. The first one is slightly rotated (the horizon and the house). In the second I almost think "Yukon Dog Sled" when you see that mound of equipment, and that effect is heightened by the IR effects.

Howdy Andrew,

Thanks very much, I know, I tried messing with it and it got worse<G> so I decided to leave it alone.

I see the sled look now that you said it.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 5, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:

Howdy Mary Kim,

I know, I just loved the feel of that place, with all the other folks wandering around, this place just seem to be a quiet zone, really had a good feel to it.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 5, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    Craig,

I really like the tones of your harbor series. You have to show me how to do it.

Anthony

Anthony,

You Rascal where have you been, you win the DGRIN's 1st IR Challenge and then you're gone:D:D:D With that stunning image of the Korean War Memorial I think you're the one that need to show me howmwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

Look forward to seeing more from you.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I'm really loving these beautiful shots. Being from Florida, the maritime overture to this area strikes a familiar chord with me.....looks like a place I could go and happily spend a couple of months. Keep 'em coming.

Take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Thanks very much, I'll bet you'd love it, heck we're from the Prairies an we just couldn't get enough:D:D:D

Appreciate the kind replies!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I like all of these. Well done works.
    Michael
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Not much different....really? What about snow? Do you get lots of snow? Cold...ND can get pretty cold too in the winter. How cold do you get?

What a beautiful place to live .. your very lucky :D

Thanks. I think all of the Maritime Provinces are quite beautiful -both on the coast and inland. But, I'm biased. I live here.:D

All of the areas along the eastern and southern shores of NS (below Halifax on the map) avoid the worst of the snow because they're right on the ocean. Despite the cold winds and cold surface temperatures, not as much snow falls on the shoreline and what does fall, doesn't stay much.

I now live in New Brunswick on the opposite side of the Bay of Fundy (near Sussex which is between Saint John and Moncton on Highway #1 on the map). We're inland about 30 miles from the shore as the crow flies. As a result we get much more snow and it stays. There's even a ski hill not too far from where I live.

Temperature-wise we get to zero (F) or -30 (C) fairly often in January and early February. Combine that with snow and a north-easterly wind and winter is a challenge for a few weeksrolleyes1.gif

But, other than that, it's reasonably temperate.

Come north for a visit. The scenery can be breathtaking any time of the year. Want snow? we've got it! Want foggy shores? No problem. How about farmers' fields etc.? Uh huh. Fishing boats and lobster traps? Yep. Rocky shore lines? Sandy Beaches? Forests? It's all here. The only two things we can't offer are deserts and high mountains like the Rockies.

Gotta love the Maritimes. I do sound like a one-woman booster club, don't I?iloveyou.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
    edited November 6, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    Thanks. I think all of the Maritime Provinces are quite beautiful -both on the coast and inland. But, I'm biased. I live here.:D

All of the areas along the eastern and southern shores of NS (below Halifax on the map) avoid the worst of the snow because they're right on the ocean. Despite the cold winds and cold surface temperatures, not as much snow falls on the shoreline and what does fall, doesn't stay much.

I now live in New Brunswick on the opposite side of the Bay of Fundy (near Sussex which is between Saint John and Moncton on Highway #1 on the map). We're inland about 30 miles from the shore as the crow flies. As a result we get much more snow and it stays. There's even a ski hill not too far from where I live.

Temperature-wise we get to zero (F) or -30 (C) fairly often in January and early February. Combine that with snow and a north-easterly wind and winter is a challenge for a few weeksrolleyes1.gif

But, other than that, it's reasonably temperate.

Come north for a visit. The scenery can be breathtaking any time of the year. Want snow? we've got it! Want foggy shores? No problem. How about farmers' fields etc.? Uh huh. Fishing boats and lobster traps? Yep. Rocky shore lines? Sandy Beaches? Forests? It's all here. The only two things we can't offer are deserts and high mountains like the Rockies.

Gotta love the Maritimes. I do sound like a one-woman booster club, don't I?iloveyou.gif

Thank you for all the information. It is very helpful :D

Doesn't sound bad for a winter visit. Better then what we get here in ND.

Craigs beautiful photos pushed the "go" button on a trip we have always talked about.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    edited November 6, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I like all of these. Well done works.

Howdy,

Thanks very much, appreciate the kind reply.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 6, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    clap.gifclap.gif
    Howdy Dan,

Thank You!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Well done Panther......I'm envious, what a great trip you had......thumb.gif azzaro
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Anthony,

You Rascal where have you been, you win the DGRIN's 1st IR Challenge and then you're gone:D:D:D With that stunning image of the Korean War Memorial I think you're the one that need to show me howmwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

Look forward to seeing more from you.
    Hi Craig,

I knew I would get into trouble for disappearing. I'll post a couple of IR shots soon.

Anthony
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Howdy Craig
    I really love the IR effect on the colors here. Makes me want to return to NS. I really enjoyed our stay there.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited November 8, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    Hi Craig,

I knew I would get into trouble for disappearing. I'll post a couple of IR shots soon.

Anthony

Howdy Anthony,

:D:D:D Glad to see you posting again!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 8, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Howdy Craig
    I really love the IR effect on the colors here. Makes me want to return to NS. I really enjoyed our stay there.

Howdy Jack,

Thanks, I know what you mean, I would love to be there right now, and stay for a long time.

We are really looking forward to going back and including NF also.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas