398-r33443f.jpg

Heheh, misspelled wild. :)

-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    The Wikd seems appropriate to me:D

this comp is very cool, and the color is awesome...

nit, imo, the green is pushed too much.
    also, is this a composite sky? the horizon seems to have a overly hard edge, or is that caused by your sharpening?
    lastly, what is up in the righthand corner?
    Aaron Nelson
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    The Wikd seems appropriate to me:D

this comp is very cool, and the color is awesome...

nit, imo, the green is pushed too much.
    also, is this a composite sky? the horizon seems to have a overly hard edge, or is that caused by your sharpening?
    lastly, what is up in the righthand corner?

Fixed the wierd thing in the sky- the dark background really brought that out. Thought I got it earlier when I was playing around with it. I need to get a better handle on mixing exposures. The hard horizon is from fixing something I probably should have defringed earlier in the game. The green is geologically correct being volcanic ash I believe. I'm going to go back over it in a day or two and probably tone down on some of the buttons I pushed. -Thanks.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited November 5, 2009
    I should have been more specific with the green comments, it was the grasses that seemed pushed to much (IMO), it might be just the luminosity that Im talking about... but changing that might take the pop from the image so maybe its better not to change a thing and even better, just ignore everything I ever say:D ...
    btw,
    the rock & ash all look great!

looking again, my only nit is the sharpness of the horizon line... but even that is no biggie, really cant say forsure until its on print right?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited November 5, 2009
    I should have been more specific with the green comments, it was the grasses that seemed pushed to much (IMO), it might be just the luminosity that Im talking about... but changing that might take the pop from the image so maybe its better not to change a thing and even better, just ignore everything I ever say:D ...
    btw,
    the rock & ash all look great!

looking again, my only nit is the sharpness of the horizon line... but even that is no biggie, really cant say forsure until its on print right?

Here's a 100% on the grass right center.
    d1-r33443f.jpg

I agree, the horizon is too hard on the left. It does however, drop off over there like the little formation in the shot, but on a much larger scale.
    d3-r33443f.jpg

I'll probably see what I can do with it after I'm done with the right side. I want to see if I can get a little more out of that before I fix the left or ashcan the whole deal.

d2-r33443f.jpg

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 5, 2009
    Wikd it is! thumb.gif

Now quit pixel peeping. Print, hang it, and enjoy. :D

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited November 5, 2009
    grass @ 100% looks perfect. so we can ignore me on that thought....
    Aaron Nelson
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Beautiful colors thumb.gif I like how the ground is reaching up to the sky.
  • emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    where is this?
    edited November 6, 2009
    Thanks everyone. Good eye Aaron. There's a couple things about it that could use a little work maybe, we'll see how it goes.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Wonderful colors - I like the unusual colors in this!!!! Texture too!
    edited November 7, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Wonderful colors - I like the unusual colors in this!!!! Texture too!

Thank you Eia. The camping trip kind of sucked. It was cold and wet and I didn't feel like battling with the elements, so I ate smoked oysters, canned peaches, granola bars and drank gatorade. It was worth it though- the damp really brought out the colors in the rock.

-
    Anybody can do it.