Not Quite Midnight...

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited November 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
...in the Garden of Good & Evil. However, it kind of reminded me of the movie poster a little. :D A VERY foggy morning at the downtown cemetary.

4078049570_2ac9b78b03_b.jpg

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Is this one just....bad? :D It's ok, not everyone's....or anyone's..."cup o' tea" evidently, but that's cool. I was just wondering the reason behind the non-appeal. I love the dark stuff. Not necessarily "lighting" but the fact that she's so shrouded by the fog is what I thought made this powerful in feeling, as opposed to trying to get a more lit scene. Once the sun did start to burn through, I knew the silhouette would be do-able. Anyway, just curious as to which side of the tracks this belongs on. :D
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Howdy Darren,

Sorry, must have missed this one first time round, and I do like what you've presented us with.

Very nice post processing, and interesting subjects. The side to side images kind of throw me, splits my attention between the two images, instead of letting me enjoy each one on it's own merits, just a humble suggestion.

Look forward to seeing more of your work and images!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    These both get a big Wow in my book. Nice work!

And I can see why you placed them side by side.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    FWIW I wanted to comment when I first saw these and got sidetracked and well you know the rest....

First I really like that movie, and these images truly evoke a few of the scenes in that movie. I'm waiting for the voodoo lady to pop into the shot.

Your photographs are artfully done!

I like them as a set, but wouldn't have minded seeing them individually and bigger.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    Thanks you guys! thumb.gif I was a little concerned with the lack of comments, either for or against, the first go round. Glad to know in one form or another, it does bring some emotion to the table. :D