Options

Problems sending from Blackberry to SmugMug

BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited November 7, 2009 in Bug Reporting
This has been going through e-mail, sorry for the change of venue, but figured seeing if others had suggestions or previous experience it couldn't hurt to ask. (Plus now that I am on my personal machine I don't have to worry about the IT overlords at work)

As usual the SmugMug Support Heroes have been great trying to help me troubleshoot problems with sending pictures directly to my smugmug account.

Currently I am having two problems that I am thinking are bugs...

When I try to send the e-mail to my account following the directions on the http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones page it works for the most part but for two things:
  1. I cannot send directly from my work issued Blackberry. If I take the exact same photo, send it from the Blackberry to me desktop and then send it, it works fine. However sending if from the Blackberry directly it does not work. Right now, and I am grasping at straw/guessing, I wonder if there is a spam filter catching it as the from address has the word "sex" in it. The e-mail server I am on is "HICGWSEX01"
  2. When things do not work, I do not have anyway of knowing it did not work. I do not receive a bounce message back, no matter what machine/account I use - personal, gmail, work, own domain (dang I have lots of e-mails).

There is no indication in the upload log of an error. If anyone has a Blackberry and wants to try sending me something, let me know I will send you the info to send the image.

Thanks.
-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 6, 2009
    Are your emails from the Blackberry in Plain text format, Rich text, or HTML

We must get Plain text. The other formats will fail when sent to the email uploader. I dont think sex in the server name would be a problem.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Unfortunately you can't send pictures from your Blackberry to SmugMug. It has to do with the fact the a mime type that the Blackberry uses for pictures isn't really the right one. It uses something like octet-stream insead of jpg, so SmugMug doesn't realize it's receiving ent a picture. It a an issue way down in the low level api.

I'm working on a BB uploader. If you are on Verizon and would like to be a tester, email me.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=145864&highlight=Blackberry

670019748_oVdzf-L.jpg
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Thanks for the info about the format for the Blackberry. I did find out that the header says that they are sending in text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" but I did not think about the format of the MIME transfer.

The corporate leash is a AT&T unit, so I am not able to test the uploader
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact