divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited November 9, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thoughts?

704706646_CXxaq-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Have you thought about having your hair chemically straightened? mwink.gif:D

As a test shot, it didn't do anything for me. But it's probably worth trying once more. I would try to increase the DOF so that your gorgeous pooch's face is in focus from snoot to ears as well as evening out the lighting.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I agree about the DOF in this shot. I rather like the lighting, though. :D
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Lights are good by me. DOF is a problem, as noted. Can you ask the pooch for some other expressions?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I think more DOF would be better as well. What about getting a dead straight on shot (probably easier said than done with a dog), and some fill from the left to even out the lighting. Just a thought.

By the way, beautiful dog.
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    DOF and Dogs
    In my studio I have a canvas on the wall with very low dof taken a 1.2 on my 50mm. It's a full body shot of a dog and it brings a lot of people in the door.

To do the low dof shot, you need the full body. I've done it a few time (limit artsy stuff) and some area around the dog.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2009
    (nb: no puter access so sending from mobile - scuse typos!)Tx all. This is actually one of the dogs belonging to the folks who are housing me on this gig - I'm trying to get some shots I can print and leave as a thank you gift, and this was a grab shot in a rare moment when this little lady was sitting still. It was at the top of a staircase in window light ~late afternoon, and the wide ap was necessary for exposure reasons . if I get access later, I'll post the original. There may be a chance to reshoot, or maybe not - we'll see...........Tx for the feedback thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2009
    Another attempt.... I'm not sure it fills the frame *enough*, but... fwiw. At least the DOF is better on this batch rolleyes1.gif

707628355_uVo4B-M.jpg
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Go for a square crop and fix up the bright spots on the muzzle and I think you've got it! clap.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    are you sure this is not a blackish curl snake in a wig ???
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/