Rusty Latch

woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited November 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I often refer to this type of image as "The picture within the picture", as we often don't stop long enough to look a bit closer. I reworked this a bit by de-saturating it, and toning down the reds a touch. All thoughts are greatly appreciated, as always.

702239762_mDiNu-L.jpg
Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Hi Dave,

This is nicely done. I think rust responds exceptionally well to high saturation....in this case you've gone the other direction but still have gotten a very nice result.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I agree - slow down to see detail! I really like the texture in this. Rust, wood, metal... go together well! mwink.gif
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Thanks a bunch. I agree that rust can be awesome when the saturation is pumped up a bit. This almost had a sepia type feel and felt good to me. I would also be willing to bet that you guys could even come up with a shot from within this image if you had the time to walk around it.
    Dave Woeller

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    That is a good shot...WELL DONE! I do desaturated pics. myself and like them.....
    azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I like it very much thumb.gif
    edited November 6, 2009
    Thank you Azzaro and Mary Kim, I appreciate the encouragement
    Dave Woeller

edited November 7, 2009
    This came from one of the outbuildings at Batsto Village here in Jersey. Unfortunately, I don't have a shot of the whole building. There are many photo-ops at this place for anyone nearby who might not be familiar with the place. I'll post a link, and if that's not allowed, please delete.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/virtual_tours/basto_state_park.html
    Dave Woeller

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Concrete, old wood, and rusty metal, it doesn't get any better than that. Nicely seen and captured. thumb.gifthumb.gif I'd love to see a more saturated version too.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    I like your treatment of this image. Desaturation is, in my opinion, a very under-rated process. I've always been a fan of it, even though I tend to process according to my mood.

Very well done. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited November 9, 2009
    Thanks Jack and Lee. I agree, it sometimes depends on the mood as to how strong to make the tones in an images. Must've been chillin that day :D
    Dave Woeller