Red Angus Sunrise

TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited November 10, 2009 in Landscapes
704883360_5mCrZ-XL.jpg

Straight off the camera from this morning, used my new grad'neutral density filter.

C&C welcome, thanks for looking!

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I love it, particularly the sharp midground cows with the back lighting. Would like to see the foreground cows a bit sharper, but I still think it is excellent. You could clone out that stuff on the left middle, and try cropping the top third of the sky out to see if the composition improves. Well done.clap.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Oh my - stunning! I would try to crop it against the largest cow on the left and lower the sky a bit - but if not it is still awesome! Gorgeous!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 6, 2009
    Love it! iloveyou.gif

The problem with cropping off the left is that it would center the sun which would be bad.
  • wirehuntwirehunt Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Great shot. I agree with the crop mentioned from the top. Very nice.
    Stephen Dickson: The one from the south island of New Zealand.

Work hard, play harder. bloggy
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Very cool back lighting perspective.
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Most excellent!

I agree on the sky crop!
  • TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Thanks to all for the views & comments, this was a fun morning to shoot - I'd intended to just shoot the landscape and the cows just kind of showed up, which made me laugh...I guess it was their pasture after all. rolleyes1.gif

Here is a shot at a sky crop as suggested - too much?

707997539_S9Vzd-XL.jpg
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    clap.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    clap.gifI actually think I prefer the original, but that's just me. I think that you live in a part of the country where the sky is a dominating factor in the landscape and IMO you shouldn't be shy about keeping it there! Love the cows, the action, the color, the story... This is just great :D

... MOO!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    No words clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    clap.gifI actually think I prefer the original, but that's just me. I think that you live in a part of the country where the sky is a dominating factor in the landscape and IMO you shouldn't be shy about keeping it there! Love the cows, the action, the color, the story... This is just great :D

... MOO!

That's a very interesting statement. Looking at my favorite shots, I find that the sky is a significant focus in a lot of them...not by intention, just what I guess I notice and focus on personally.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. clap.gif