DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited November 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This caught my eye.

705351595_pukad-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Howdy Mary,

I'll bet that's a scary place when the Sun goes down!!!

Is this from your Ghost Town Series?????

Really like this one!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    clap.gif......... azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Mary,

I'll bet that's a scary place when the Sun goes down!!!

Is this from your Ghost Town Series?????

Really like this one!!!

Hi :D

No it isn't from the ghost towns series. I took this in a small town just west of Fargo. This whole house was surrounded with trees. It sat no more then 5ft. from the road. Your right...it would be a scary place when the sun goes down. I've never seen it during the summer. I'm going to have to make a visit back there next summer. Get a photo of it taken over by leaves rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Craig for taking a look and commenting.

Here's the front of the house, but the window I posted isn't in this photo.

705439886_LwBo8-L.jpg
    edited November 6, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    clap.gif......... azzaro

I'm happy you like it Azzaro :D
    edited November 6, 2009
    Well seen, I love the tree branch shadows on the side of the building.

Hi,

Those shadows kind of gave me the creeps as I was editing it. Even the shadows of the branches in the window. Made me think someone might be looking out at me.

Thanks for the comment and taking a look :D
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Oh yea! I really like that. Lots to imagine here... I think it would do well in black and white too but I love it as is!!!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Hey Mary Kim,

I like this a lot. The mystery of what's inside....hidden here in black....is what attracts me the most. Well done.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited November 7, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Oh yea! I really like that. Lots to imagine here... I think it would do well in black and white too but I love it as is!!!

Hi Eia,

Never thought about doing it in BW...I'll have to give it a try thumb.gif

Thanks for the idea :D
    edited November 7, 2009
    Hey Mary Kim,

I like this a lot. The mystery of what's inside....hidden here in black....is what attracts me the most. Well done.

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom,

This house did/does have a lot of mystery to it. Both inside and out. I'd like to get the history of this house since it looks like it was an upscale house for its time. It also sits across the road from a rail line which now is just a grain pick up site. I've never seen a house built like that so close to the rail line before. We have a rail system in the state that has been/still is being ripped up and now there are just empty towns along it.

There's still a couch inside the house. Probably left for the visitors that come to visit at night rolleyes1.gif

Glad you liked it :D
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Nice image Mary Kim. :D Great example of when an equaled out composition works so very well.
    Like the opposing contrast between the shadows upper left and the branches lower right too.

The house is seriously getting over grown with trees and saplings. Perhaps a Railroad rep was living
    in the home when it was a home.
    Michael
    edited November 8, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Nice image Mary Kim. :D Great example of when an equaled out composition works so very well.
    Like the opposing contrast between the shadows upper left and the branches lower right too.

The house is seriously getting over grown with trees and saplings. Perhaps a Railroad rep was living
    in the home when it was a home.

Hi DaddyO :D

I'm glad you like it. I have a real big problem of putting things in the center of a photo, but I'm glad it works ok here.

You so right...it is really over grown with trees and saplings. I'm surprised that anyone even planted a tree so close to a house. Railroad rep....never thought of that. I bet your right thumb.gif

Thanks for looking DaddyO and taking the time to comment :D
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Nice image Mary Kay. I love old houses like this that evoke so many questions like who lived here, and what did it look like 4- - 50 years ago. But you were itching to get inside and have a look around.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited November 8, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Nice image Mary Kay. I love old houses like this that evoke so many questions like who lived here, and what did it look like 4- - 50 years ago. But you were itching to get inside and have a look around.

Hi Jack....

I am itchin' to get inside there. I'm thinking I might be able to. Just need to talk to one of the few...and it is a few town folks about it. Going into a place like that with a "local" is a much easier way of doing it.

Question is tho...how do I get in rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking and commenting Jack.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I am itchin' to get inside there. I'm thinking I might be able to. Just need to talk to one of the few...and it is a few town folks about it. Going into a place like that with a "local" is a much easier way of doing it.

Question is tho...how do I get in rolleyes1.gif

B&E?? :D

Wonderful shot! I love the perfectly centered subject. Breaking the rules can be fun.

Black and white would look great. How about darkening it a little to make it even creepier? mwink.gif

Very nice work! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited November 8, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    B&E?? :D

Wonderful shot! I love the perfectly centered subject. Breaking the rules can be fun.

Black and white would look great. How about darkening it a little to make it even creepier? mwink.gif

Very nice work! thumb.gif

Hi Lee....

B&E -- oh my, what would my Mother say if she had to come bail me out rolleyes1.gif

It does have a creepy look to it. I will try it in bw and darken it some.

Thanks Lee for your comments :D