An eerie walk through gatineau park

the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited November 7, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi,
I went out on an adventure last week or so. I live near an amazing place called Gatineau Park, in Quebec, Canada (on google maps).

So I went out super early in the morning, and the day was amazing! I didnt want super happy sunny pictures, been in a weird mood lately, so I wanted to capture a sense of being alone, atmosphere, and general eerie-ness. It was super foggy almost the whole morning, I ended getting scaring myself at one point, I kept thinking about the Blair Witch Project for some reason. Anyways...here are 3 shots from the day, I am slowly processing the rest and I will add them as I get them done!! I am also going to do a write up of my adventure either on my gallery page, or on my blog here

Here they are:
705346436_KNpYZ-L-1.jpg

705346905_Tq6M7-L-1.jpg

705347460_dXPoS-L-1.jpg

Enjoy, and stay tuned for some more later on! As always, comments and (constructive) feedback is always welcome and encouraged

Take care
--Craig...
shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
Sign the guestbook :)!!

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I like the first two and think they show the mood that you experienced!!! the first one's foreground is a tad dark on my monitor but it could be just me. Great captures; I like these kinds of moods!
  • wirehuntwirehunt Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I'm enjoying these, they fit where I'm at myself mood wise too.

The third I'm unsure about, maybe a crop taking some of the top out would get rid of some of that dead space up there, it seems to add nothing to the picture, well for me anyway.
    Stephen Dickson: The one from the south island of New Zealand.

Work hard, play harder. bloggy
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I really like one and two as well. Three with some of that erie fog would have been perfect too. Nice opportunity to shoot in the fog and come out with such beautiful photos.
  • the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I like the first two and think they show the mood that you experienced!!! the first one's foreground is a tad dark on my monitor but it could be just me. Great captures; I like these kinds of moods!

thanks for the comments! I added some vignetting to the first 2, that may be why it looks a little dark around the bottom.

The last one doesn't really fit in with the eerieness, I just happened to follow this waterfall all the way up the mountain side, so I have a bunch of shots of it too!

I have a few more foggy ones I will post soon :)

Thanks again!
    --Craig...
    shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
    Sign the guestbook :)!!