A foggy day and a clear day in IR

tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
edited November 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Two shots of Oakland (middle ground) and San Francisco (background): one from two days ago when it was foggy and one from yesterday when it was so clear. Taken with a converted G6 from the same location. The Bay Bridge is visible in both but the Golden Gate Bridge is obscured by the fog in the first shot.

704316446_3WBk8-XL.jpg

704336931_KquLH-XL.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Howdy Anthony,

WOW, love the view from up there

Interesting how the different days and weather change the look and feel of the images.

Very nicely done, good to see you posting some of your shots again!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I could sit and look at those photos for hours. So many little places with in the photo to take a look at. You found the perfect location to take these photos.

Wonderful job thumb.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Very cool! Generally I would pick the fog but I think I prefer the clear here; the clouds and sky give it a boost IMO.
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I just love that infrared. IR coupled with great composition and a killer subject is a winner in my book. bowdown.gif
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I like both of them..... That second one is a......WOW+++ clap.gif

azzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Very well done. I don't believe I've ever seen a photo showing this perspective of the relative positioning of the the two cities. It's a great shot that also happens to be educational in my case.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Anthony,

WOW, love the view from up there<g>

Interesting how the different days and weather change the look and feel of the images.

Very nicely done, good to see you posting some of your shots again!!
    Craig,

It is a lovely view. It's typically hazy, but the scenery indeed changes with the weather, sun, clouds, etc.

Anthony
    </g>
    edited November 9, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I could sit and look at those photos for hours. So many little places with in the photo to take a look at. You found the perfect location to take these photos.

Wonderful job thumb.gif

Mary Kim,

Thank you. It is a lot of view -- two cities, two bridges, many cranes, the bay, the hills, clouds. I revisit this place whenever I can and the view is different each time.

Anthony
    edited November 9, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Very cool! Generally I would pick the fog but I think I prefer the clear here; the clouds and sky give it a boost IMO.
    Hi Eia,

I also prefer the clear shot in this case. It's rare to get a clear view across the bay. However, I would love to catch the moment when the fog is thick at low elevation. Lately, the fog also envelops Oakland hills and I can't see beyond the hills.
    edited November 9, 2009
    woellerd wrote:
    I just love that infrared. IR coupled with great composition and a killer subject is a winner in my book. bowdown.gif
    Thank you. It's not the same without IR. Here is a non-IR shot from today:

708759428_MKBwx-XL.jpg
    edited November 9, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I like both of them..... That second one is a......WOW+++ clap.gif

azzaro
    Azzaro,

I am glad you like them. Thank you.
    edited November 9, 2009
    Very well done. I don't believe I've ever seen a photo showing this perspective of the relative positioning of the the two cities. It's a great shot that also happens to be educational in my case.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Thank you. I don't often see shots of both cities from Oakland hills. I like how the perspectives change as I go further south or north, higher or lower in elevation. Here is one from further south and higher on the hills:

514273405_5CwqC-L.jpg