fun location

MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in People
this style of photography is a little out of my comfort zone.. but I think it turned out nice. This is under the traintracks at the fredricksburg Va train station.

4072622536_9c9b3a7e81_b.jpg
Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
:ivar

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    There you are--was looking for your post.

I love these two shots--the lighting is beautiful.
    Why do you say it's out of your comfort zone because it's an adult and posed? Just wondering because I think people are your thing.

I like this location for a shoot, I think you had some bright lights to work with and it looks like you utilized it nicely.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Have to agree with Liz - these are beautiful shots. Nice light and nicely posed.

I prefer the model's expression in the 2nd shot, but the darkness and relativee sharpness of the tunnel takes my off her a little; although I don't like her expression as much in the first one, I find the shallower DOF and comp make it a more harmonious overall shot with the focus more on her.

Really nice job, though - this is every bit as strong as the work you consider your "niche"!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    I like the receding lines and the lightbox effect all the concrete provides. Great location!

1-(The leftmost frame) Her skin appears over smoothed and plastic-like....and the eyes don't quite seem to go with the effect. Id like to see her eyes open a bit more.

2- A more feminine look can be had by changing the pose. Remember when leaning a female subject against a wall that you nearly never want their butt to touch the wall. She should be leaning at the shoulders and her shoulders angled slightly toward the camera for a more flattering pose. Also, getting her hands out of the pockets, and maybe just hooking her thumbs in the belt loops or pockets would have helped. To get the suggested pose right you may have had to move her a tad closer to the camera....and forward of the curved wall. Watch your exposure....her left cheek area appears to be a tad hot.

Lets see some more from this set...thumb.gif
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    ooh great points.. i didn't know about the butt touching the wall. the thumbs are a great idea too.. hands are a struggle for me. Thank you!!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    ooh great points.. i didn't know about the butt touching the wall. the thumbs are a great idea too.. hands are a struggle for me. Thank you!!

In some instances.....depending on the shape of the wall the butt might touch, but the weight should still be against the shoulder.

265179670_xPfK9-S-2.jpg504480038_YrCDY-S.jpg500633811_mpGWe-S-1.jpg
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Great shots. I would like to have seen the second shot with a little wider crop above her head. thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX