Landscap newbie

Mark EdellMark Edell Registered Users Posts: 672 Major grins
edited November 7, 2009 in Landscapes
I don't know what it is about landscapes but I just have a hard time seeing the shot wile out taking them. Wildlife and macros I get landscapes, not so much.:scratch

Anyway, here is one I took last week. C&C welcome

705742641_v2tMZ-O.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    The thing about landscapes is the dynamic range, Mark You will want to use GNDs or blend exposures. In your shot there is a lot of clipped dark areas. It is still a good shot, but to make it better you might want to get some light into those trees. You could do this by taking two exposures; one for sky and water, and one for the trees. Then blend in photoshop or photomatix pro.

HTH

Dan
  • Mark EdellMark Edell Registered Users Posts: 672 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    The thing about landscapes is the dynamic range, Mark You will want to use GNDs or blend exposures. In your shot there is a lot of clipped dark areas. It is still a good shot, but to make it better you might want to get some light into those trees. You could do this by taking two exposures; one for sky and water, and one for the trees. Then blend in photoshop or photomatix pro.

HTH

Dan

Thanks Dan, This is what I need. I did take a few exposures but I have no tripod so they did not stack well.