Options

#37 Daily Dose

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited November 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
This contest "fill the frame" had me a little baffled--so I tried my best to actually fill the entire frame--Please let me know if any of these work.
Thanks for looking.

705923701_w9bB4-XL.jpg

705918082_REf3G-XL-1.jpg

705922214_LoKzi-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Hey, I really like the idea. What about a strawberry? ne_nau.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Nice! Number 1 is my fave....
    Everything just lines up perfectly, but I might either show MORE of her nose, or none of her nose....

Trish

quote=lizzard_nyc]This contest "fill the frame" had me a little baffled--so I tried my best to actually fill the entire frame--Please let me know if any of these work.
    Thanks for looking.

705923701_w9bB4-XL.jpg
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Great idea!

In #1 the tongue looks awkward

#2 is bit pale, especially around the centre of interest, although the composition is very good.

I think I like #3 best, although (as in #1) the mouth needs to be slightly closer to the centre. Colour saturation of #3 is best of the three. Also, use a very small aperture in order to get better depth of field; the fruit and the hands/fingers/finger-nails need to be in razor-sharp focus.

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Definitely fills the frame for me. I like the lighting in #1 and #3. I think the background would look better all black. I'm not sure about the DOF. Maybe experiment with making the fruit on the spoon the main part of the subject with the rest even more out of focus to draw the eye there? Then the other extreme being everything tack sharp? Not sure.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Definitely fills the frame for me. I like the lighting in #1 and #3. I think the background would look better all black. I'm not sure about the DOF. Maybe experiment with making the fruit on the spoon the main part of the subject with the rest even more out of focus to draw the eye there? Then the other extreme being everything tack sharp? Not sure.

Hi all,
    Thanks for your comments--I hate to have wasted your time, but I'm not really feeling these anymore. I woke up today and well, I want a do over.
    Don't know if I'll reshoot the same thing or move on.

I appreciate the input. On the plus side, the pomegranate was delicious, haven't had one in years.
    Liz A.
    _________