Doorways (Nine Images)

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited November 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
San Fancisco is a very colorful city, in more ways than one, and when you get down to the street level you'll see what I mean. Upon arriving at The City, I was unceremoniously dumped into the middle of nowhere (Washington Square) by my friend, who had work to do. From there, I had a very nice breakfast of spaghetti at a local eatery. Once that was taken care of, I wandered around looking for something to shoot. I headed up the hill to Coit Tower and took the tour and lots of photos. Afterward, I headed back down the hill and wandered The Streets of San Francisco - wasn't there a TV show by that name? Less than a block from Coit, the doorways began to get the better of me. So, I started shooting. I don't know how many blocks I covered, but I want to go back and wander some more, shooting as I go.

These are in the order I took them. Thank you for looking.
Red Stairs
705951899_rqTpU-XL-1.jpg

Stone Steps
705951911_bQBpB-XL-1.jpg

705951764_ZVf4E-XL-1.jpg

Red Doors
705951872_mK8P8-XL-1.jpg

Half and Half
705951836_fN7Sd-XL-1.jpg

Green and Red
705951786_oaPYo-XL-1.jpg

Below, At and Above Grade
705951935_XLz4H-XL-1.jpg

Orange Grate
705951848_7sCeR-XL-1.jpg

Twins
705951954_B6xxM-XL-1.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Love the pics…

…v. nice! thumb.gif

Er, um…

…titles are sort of unnecessary (the pics speak for themselves) ne_nau.gif

Thanks for sharing!

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Thanks.

I like titles.

"What works for some, etc."
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Hey Lee,

I, too, find doors to be fascinating subjects. There must be some psychological reasoning behind this predilection of ours, but I don't think I want to know what it is. Good work here on your part.....more evidence of your strength in shooting architecture.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rcofrcof Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    I find doors facinating also. (Do I feel they are inviting me in or shutting me out, hmmmmmmm......rolleyes1.gif )
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Howdy Lee :D

Your door photos are wonderful. San Francisco is a colorful area. So much for the eyes to take in.

I had fun looking at these..some doors are the same sitting right next to each other, but the mailbox is different, handles are different. You can tell I liked the last one. Heck .. I liked them all :D

Question...spaghetti for breakfast eek7.gif
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments on my photos.
    Dogdots wrote:
    Howdy Lee :D

Your door photos are wonderful. San Francisco is a colorful area. So much for the eyes to take in.

I had fun looking at these..some doors are the same sitting right next to each other, but the mailbox is different, handles are different. You can tell I liked the last one. Heck .. I liked them all :D

Question...spaghetti for breakfast eek7.gif

Yes, spaghetti for breakfast. . . . Well, it was after 11:00 and all I'd had up to that point were two teeny, teeny, tiny muffins on the way to the airport about five hours earlier.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments on my photos.

Yes, spaghetti for breakfast. . . . Well, it was after 11:00 and all I'd had up to that point were two teeny, teeny, tiny muffins on the way to the airport about five hours earlier.

Ok...the spaghetti for breakfast was ok :D