Who is Andy Huang - Printer problem

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited November 25, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I just bought a new Epson R2880 printer. Loaded it up with the teeny ink cartridges as directed to do in the start up instructions then went to install the driver on my laptop. I disabled Norton Antivirus. I have not yet connected the printer to my computer.

I inserted the CD that came with the printer, and downloaded the exe program. The installation stopped when the program couldn't find a file called C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Huang\My Documents\Director Projects\2008 ....

I'm using XP on a Dell computer.

I tried downloading the drivers directly from the Epson site. Same problem.

I've done a web search and sent Epson an email. I don't expect to hear for days (you can't call them on weekends) and I am at a loss.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this problem?

Any recommendations on how I might proceed?

ARGHHHHHHHHH. There. I feel a little better.

Thanks.

Virginia

Email

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 17, 2009
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Two possible issues here.

The first is that your driver CD was made from a badly constructed image. That would mean Andy Huang was the programmer who put an absolute link rather than a relative link. That probably means nothing to you so don't worry about it.

The other option is that your computer was used by someone before you, or set up by someone other than you, who initially named the main user Andy Huang, which is what Windows would then name the main user account.

My advice is to go to the epson site and download the installer for the R2880.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=104488&prodoid=63075040&infoType=Downloads&platform=All

Then install it and see if it gets stuck at the same place or if it works properly.