Options

Need help getting started

greggaegreggae Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 14, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi everyone. I am a new member.....very pleased to find this forum and Smugmug. I am having trouble adding an avatar from my Smugmug galleries. I get a message that the URL is not valid. I've read and re-read the instructions, but can't seem to get it right. I am obviously missing something. Here is the link for a test avatar:
http://greggae.smugmug.com/photos/27947781-Ti.jpg
I can get to it in my browser, but am not able to add it as an avatar. I'm in the last few days of my trial membership....perhaps that is it. External links are turned on. I'll try to add the avatar as a picture here:

27947781-Ti.jpg

OK that worked. I'll try adding a real pict to the end of this after I get the link. Any idea as to why it thinks the link above is invalid under the User CP section?
More importantly, I really like what I see here and on Smugmug. I am looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing some of what I've done. Thanks for your help.

Flowers are one of my favorite subjects. Here's a test post:
27942379-M.jpg

UPDATE: I saved the test avatar shown above to my PC and tried that angle. Found it was too big to be accepted. So.....I just added a GIF I had on hand. Looks like I am up and running.
Out there where the buses don't run

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited July 14, 2005
    I think the image needs to be no larger than 70x70 or about 20k (less, I
    think). Your linked image is 70x100ish.

Welcome!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    I think the image needs to be no larger than 70x70 or about 20k (less, I
    think). Your linked image is 70x100ish.

Welcome!

Ian

Close, that is actually right for the other site :D, but here you can go a bit larger.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels and 19.5 KB or smaller.