Options

photocat's challenge 43: curves

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited July 16, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took those this morning. I can not tell you guys what it is or I will have to kill you.
I think the portrait one has a little bit more mmpphh, I can be mistaken though, both of the pics could be total c xx p...
Comments welcome, even if you think they actually are c xx p

28361050-L.jpg

28360997-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    Think the first shot works best.
    I could argue there are no curves in a geodesic dome but don't think I'll bother rolleyes1.gif . Good shot
    Brian V.
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    Ahh, a "Bucky Ball", not really curves like LV said, but a great shot, I also like the first best.

James.
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2005
    Think the first shot works best.
    I could argue there are no curves in a geodesic dome but don't think I'll bother rolleyes1.gif . Good shot
    Brian V.

Thanks Brian... what do you exactly call curves? I understood it as that the outline of the dome would be a curve... I am dutch speaking so I can misunderstand words. What I understand as "curve" is a rounded line. Correct me if I am wrong here.
    This is only the first tryout. I shall try to do some more shots of curves next week. (I do have other ideas... woooahhhh)

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    photocat wrote:
    Thanks Brian... what do you exactly call curves? I understood it as that the outline of the dome would be a curve... I am dutch speaking so I can misunderstand words. What I understand as "curve" is a rounded line. Correct me if I am wrong here.
    This is only the first tryout. I shall try to do some more shots of curves next week. (I do have other ideas... woooahhhh)

rolleyes1.gif
    We are just being overly picky, what you took a pic of is a [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Geodesic Dome[/font] which is technically made up of flat panels. I would say your shot fits in the spirit of the challenge, and is a great shot.

James.
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/font]
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    I really like the first shot, photocat.

Curves can be many different things.

I am waiting to see a photo of a baseball player pitching a curve ball.

I have never seen that.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    photocat wrote:

rolleyes1.gif
    Sorry just winding you up- it would certainly count as a curvy shot.
    Brian V.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    photocat wrote:

rolleyes1.gif
    Hi cat.. interesting shot? is that M. Hill (dare not say it out loud I may be killed). I immediately thought angles more that curves.. my eye went straight to the triangles more than the curve of the top..
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2005
    Sorry just winding you up- it would certainly count as a curvy shot.
    Brian V.

I am not winded up Brian... I have short toes, I am not easily offended or hurt. Thanks for explaining how the domes are structured. I see them every day but had no idea that they really were built in an special way.

I think I have some other curves in view, and will go out and shoot them next week.

These challenges are so good to get me out of my comfort zone.
    Thanks for all the comments... Ginger, I have no clue what the curve ball is you are talking about. I suppose it is kind of an effect like with pool balls...
    I am sure someone on this board can take a shot like that
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    Hi Cat,
    I see curves in #1 for sure. In #2 my eye goes to all the lines of the triangles. But, the repitition of the balls in #1 does make the curves the main subject, in my opinion. I think it's a very neat shot.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif Nice job. Makes me want to go to Epcot center! :D

Erich
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Nice job. Makes me want to go to Epcot center! :D

Erich

What or where is the Epcot Center? Do they have domes too?
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    photocat wrote:
    What or where is the Epcot Center? Do they have domes too?
    Epcot center is a theme park that is part of Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. It has a huge dome in the center of it where you go inside and ride around and travel through time. It's pretty neat.

Here's a link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkLanding?id=EPLandingPage

Erich