You could hear a pin drop...

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited November 10, 2009 in Street and Documentary
706946136_Nmdk8-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tina ManleyTina Manley Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    That was a scary hit. You captured the concern in the stands. I'm glad he seems to be o.k.

Tina
    www.tinamanley.com
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    That was a scary hit. You captured the concern in the stands. I'm glad he seems to be o.k.

Tina
    www.tinamanley.com

What hit? What concern? Who????
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2009

Tina
    www.tinamanley.com

Thanks, Tina.

Sara, Jahvid Best, Cal's superbly talented back, had just dived into the end zone for Cal's first touchdown. He landed on his back/neck/head and was comatose (and in a scary position as he was contracted with limbs raised, not limp). Early word is that he has a concussion, but movement in all limbs.

This was taken about seven minutes after the play and all 55,000 fans were just standing there wondering how he was as he was instantly surrounded by staff and team members and no word was forthcoming to the fans there. It was thirteen minutes before play resumed.
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    Thanks, Tina.

Sara, Jahvid Best, Cal's superbly talented back, had just dived into the end zone for Cal's first touchdown. He landed on his back/neck/head and was comatose (and in a scary position as he was contracted with limbs raised, not limp). Early word is that he has a concussion, but movement in all limbs.

This was taken about seven minutes after the play and all 55,000 fans were just standing there wondering how he was as he was instantly surrounded by staff and team members and no word was forthcoming to the fans there. It was thirteen minutes before play resumed.

Sorry, but none of that comes through in the photo. Just a group of people.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    You could hear a pin drop...

706946136_Nmdk8-S.jpg

The image does nothing for me, and the title just confuses me more. What am I missing? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    I wish the woman covering her mouth in the foreground were more prominent. That would help convey some emotion. It is a bit eerie to see a large crowd this still, but it's not quite coming through.

Caroline
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Another example of captioning or titling an image....

But in this case, I definitely got it and the caption works with the image. You don't see large crowds that still unless something's happened on the field of play. No matter the sport. My primary nit would be to have panned right and slightly down to have more crowd and less sky.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Another example of captioning or titling an image....

But in this case, I definitely got it and the caption works with the image. You don't see large crowds that still unless something's happened on the field of play. No matter the sport. My primary nit would be to have panned right and slightly down to have more crowd and less sky.

Sara, WW Webster, and Caroline, thanks for looking even if the photo does not move you. I thought it of interest to have every face but one (of a hundred visible but tens of thousands present) staring at the exact same spot. And that one visible face is one of concern (bottom middle woman).

Michswiss, thank you for your assessment and your comments. This is the first (and hopefully the last) time I have ever seen and experienced such a quiet and captive audience. I had stood there reasonably motionless like everyone else for at least five minutes before remembering that I had my camera hanging from my neck. A little lower angle might have been better, but I just raised my camera above my head to get the entire crowd in and quickly snapped two shots (even this felt intrusive to the mood). The crowd stood like that for at least ten minutes (until they wheeled him out) without any conversation or movement.

On a lighter note, the only detectable movement was from other photographers who, like me, held up their cameras for shots. Two can be seen on the upper left edge of the photo.