Options

DSS#37... literally

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
707459172_tbYF5-L.jpg

C&C more than welcome. Lots of cloning and PP. Still a rough draft, but what do you think of the idea?
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    I like the idea (I can be a sucker for puns). But it needs more work. I would find a fancy frame, and make sure the bubbles are very clear.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try again tonight with a few different frames.
    - Joe
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    I agree with pyro. I think it can work with the right frame. Can't wait to see what you manage to dig up. (Interested in seeing your setup when all is said and done also.)
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    OH I like this:D . Funny.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    more bubbles or filling action
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    KevXman wrote:
    Interested in seeing your setup when all is said and done also.
    — Kevin
    deal.gif
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, all.

For the set-up, it is pretty simple. I'll reveal it as soon as I get a chance to get to the store to pick up some better props. This was a single exposure, but I had to do too much cloning. Good thing I have tomorrow off of work deal.gif
    - Joe
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Interesting shot, but as I know frames are not allowed into the contests
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Interesting shot, but as I know frames are not allowed into the contests

Actually it's a picture frame, which is part of the shot. I'm going to take pyro's suggestion, however, and zoom out a little to get a better representation of the idea for the next one. I think I need more of the picture frame in there.
    - Joe
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Kudos
    Great Idea! I thought of it about 10 minutes after I saw the theme announced. But since you posted the rough drafts first I am abandoning my take on it.

Here are some of the ways I wanted to do it. Maybe they will help you in your refinement of the idea.

1. Because frames are a no no in the rules do not use the whole outside of the image as a "frame"
    2. I was hoping to find a really ornate classic looking frame to give the image some more interest.
    3. In my head I could see a hand holding a pitcher of water doing the pouring action into the frame. (this takes care of the frame rule because only the bottom portion of the image will have a frame.
    4. lots of pouring action.
    5. dramatic lighting - not flat.

I love puns! Hopefully the above ideas will help.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    Great Idea! I thought of it about 10 minutes after I saw the theme announced. But since you posted the rough drafts first I am abandoning my take on it.

Here are some of the ways I wanted to do it. Maybe they will help you in your refinement of the idea.

1. Because frames are a no no in the rules do not use the whole outside of the image as a "frame"
    2. I was hoping to find a really ornate classic looking frame to give the image some more interest.
    3. In my head I could see a hand holding a pitcher of water doing the pouring action into the frame. (this takes care of the frame rule because only the bottom portion of the image will have a frame.
    4. lots of pouring action.
    5. dramatic lighting - not flat.

I love puns! Hopefully the above ideas will help.

Sherstone,

Thanks a million for the tips, though I feel a bit guilty that I took your idea.

I have several frames laying around, so I'll try those before I head off to a garage sale. I'm also looking for my 5 gal fish tank so I don't have to do as much cloning, though I still imagine there will be some. mwink.gif

I just thought of the pitcher idea last night, but didn't get a shot off. I didn't think of having a hand in the shot, so I'll have to give that a try. That idea also has a few rusty gears turning in my cranium. I'll see if I can pull any of my mind's eye shots into a photo mwink.gif

I'll make sure there is a lot of pouring, splashing, bubbles, etc :D

Dramatic lighting will be my biggest challenge... lighting in general is one of my biggest challenges. I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm going to be spending a bit of time shooting and in photoshop.
    - Joe
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    silversx80 wrote:
    Thanks a million for the tips, though I feel a bit guilty that I took your idea.

Please do not feel guilty it's not like I talked to you about it before hand and you said - wow I like that idea so much I'm going to do it too. There have been many rounds where several photogs have done a similar idea and there is more than enough room for each interpretation to have merit. :D
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    I like the idea (I can be a sucker for puns). But it needs more work. I would find a fancy frame, and make sure the bubbles are very clear.

Yeah, what he said. It is very washed out and not very dramatic. I like the idea, though, and think you can get the drama/pun you are going for either in the post-processing or in a reshoot...