Mountain View

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited June 2, 2004 in Wildlife
Taken on a 1hr motorcycle ride from my house.
Still a lot of snow on the ground and air temps dropped dramatically as I climbed.

4723313-L.jpg

Tim

Oh yeah I am off today on a similar trip! Skys are so far void of clouds it might be a good picture day as well.

Damn I am back it turned cold quick Brrrr.. Took a Pic or two though.
This is 45 minutes from my house ... nice eh!

Click on it to see original.

4733203-M.jpg

There are a lot of signs like this out here.And so it should be, travel at your own risk, make no one accountable for your own actions except yourself.
4733414-M.jpg

Why is it travel at your own risk you ask... well that first step is a real doozie ,you don't want to miss turns here:nono

4733764-L.jpg

Tim

Comments

• Steve LearSteve Lear Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Taken on a 1hr motorcycle ride from my house.
    Still a lot of snow on the ground and air temps dropped dramatically as I climbed.

4723313-L.jpg

Tim

Oh yeah I am off today on a similar trip! Skys are so far void of clouds it might be a good picture day as well.

Damn I am back it turned cold quick Brrrr.. Took a Pic or two though.
    This is 45 minutes from my house ... nice eh!

Click on it to see original.

4733203-M.jpg

There are a lot of signs like this out here.And so it should be, travel at your own risk, make no one accountable for your own actions except yourself.
    4733414-M.jpg

Why is it travel at your own risk you ask... well that first step is a real doozie ,you don't want to miss turns here:nono

4733764-L.jpg

Tim
    Shakey, I love that first colour lanscape. I love that part of the world sooo much! My wife and I go there every year for the skiing. Nice work.

Steve.
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2004
    Steve Lear wrote:
    Shakey, I love that first colour lanscape. I love that part of the world sooo much! My wife and I go there every year for the skiing. Nice work.

Steve.
    Thanks Steve, Where do you go skiing usually, Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper?
    The reason I am asking is most people who vist here only do those areas
    While they miss some excellent areas that are less crowded and have great terrain.

Check out Fernie Snow Valley 2:45 hrs SW of Calgary and Kicking Horse Resort 45 min -1hr from Lake Louise And Panorama resort approx 1:30 hrs from Banff.
    Winter driving time.

Tim
  • Steve LearSteve Lear Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2004
    Panorama Panorama
    Shakey wrote:
    Thanks Steve, Where do you go skiing usually, Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper?
    The reason I am asking is most people who vist here only do those areas
    While they miss some excellent areas that are less crowded and have great terrain.

Check out Fernie Snow Valley 2:45 hrs SW of Calgary and Kicking Horse Resort 45 min -1hr from Lake Louise And Panorama resort approx 1:30 hrs from Banff.
    Winter driving time.

Tim
    Yea Tim, I must admit that I have been to the tourist areas that you mentioned along the Icefields Parkway, But my favourite place to ski there is Panorama (pictured). As you say, great terain and nobody there. One of my mates goes to Fernie and thinks it's fantastic! I am going to Whistler in Jan 2005 so I will take your tip and try to get up to Snow Valley and Kicking Horse.

Cheers Steve

4514283-M.jpg