Options

| Photographer'sEdit.com | |

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited November 9, 2009 in Weddings
(Sorry for the weird title thingies....hit one too many keys.) :D

I think appropriate for this category...feel free to move if not.

Has anyone used this or another similar service? I found this one through Ron Dawson of DareDreamer Media.

Here's the link...

http://photographersedit.com/

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    We love ShootDotEdit at SmugMug - in fact, you might see something pretty cool, soon!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Never used them ... but wow .... their prices are pretty neat!!

Not sure if I'll ever outsource my post processing (as tempting as it sounds / I'm a control freak & a bit particular about the quality of the post processing), but I have to say .... I'd be really happy to have some more time for myself during the summers .... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We love ShootDotEdit at SmugMug - in fact, you might see something pretty cool, soon!

Outstanding! Keep us posted....literally! :D

Agnieszka wrote:
    Never used them ... but wow .... their prices are pretty neat!!

Not sure if I'll ever outsource my post processing (as tempting as it sounds / I'm a control freak & a bit particular about the quality of the post processing), but I have to say .... I'd be really happy to have some more time for myself during the summers .... rolleyes1.gif

Amen....preach it girl! :D At the moment I consider myself far too controlling to hand over such responsibility. Although, a sweeping edit for normal corrections is quite tempting! That way I could cull some of the final edits to crank-up and apply some of my own creativity. (textures, actions, de-sats, etc.)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Has any one actually used either of these services.....

Photographers Edit seems to be quite a bit less expensive and you do not have to chase from culling, to process, to conversion ....each priced as a separate entity at shotdotedit and prices are all rolled together at Photogs Edit........
    I did my research based on a 2000 file wedding....culling down to 600 images.......of course you can save money doing your own culling with both.............

There was a thread on this very subject either earlier this year or late last fall and it listed around 8 post processors out there...................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    PrettyKittyPrettyKitty Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Has any one actually used either of these services.....

Looks like they offer a free trial of 15 images.... might work worth a try! Thanks for the links!
  • Options
    CmauCmau Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Please note this is not from personal experience, but ShootDotEdit attempt to ensure you have the same post-processing dude/lady on the other end doing the work every time you send them stuff. That way they get to know your style intimately and know exactly what you're looking for. No question I'd pay extra for that extra level of service.
  • Options
    CmauCmau Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Also, it doesn't say anything about their prices, but I'm sure if Dane Sanders is running around extolling their praises, they must be doing something right.