707144441_c6LaY-XL.jpg
:eek:
707145708_uYds7-XL.jpg
707148844_eGDTt-XL.jpg
707149208_LtKyq-XL.jpg
707156628_GmpGB-XL.jpg
707158745_dV6wJ-XL.jpg
707150610_qdZc5-XL.jpg

C&C is welcome/needed, The lens was at +12 on the AF tune (due to my testing of getting the lens). I did try it OFF and they looked soft even on the little screen in the camera.

First time ever shotting at f2.8 :smile:
Andrew - www.wideshutphotography.com
Cameras: D300S w/MB-D10 grip
Primes: 35mm F1.8 AFS| 50mm F1.8D | 300mm F2.8 AFS I
Teles/flash: TC17E II | SB400
www.turbov6camaro.com 1997 3800 II V6 Camaro
11.23 1/4 mile 20psi :D

Comments

• Options
    Turbo V6 CamaroTurbo V6 Camaro Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    No C&C ?
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    No C&C ?

Pssssst, this is the slowest response forum on the net.

:D
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin!

I advise a little more patience before deciding that no one will respond. This posted at 9:35 AM my time, and I am just home from work. Sometimes you have to give it a day or two...

The shots are excellent. The focus seems right on the money and the bokeh is excellent. 2.8 is indeed wonderful. I also like that you appear to be at the level of the players and not shooting downward at them.

Some wonderful shots here! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    Welcome to DGrin!

I advise a little more patience before deciding that no one will respond. This posted at 9:35 AM my time, and I am just home from work. Sometimes you have to give it a day or two...

The shots are excellent. The focus seems right on the money and the bokeh is excellent. 2.8 is indeed wonderful. I also like that you appear to be at the level of the players and not shooting downward at them.

Some wonderful shots here! Thanks for sharing.
    thanks I though i posted this last night....... sorry about that

I did get on one knee as much as i could stand to be....... i need to bring a chair next time.

thanks for the feed back
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Great Shotsclap.gif

I love how you can see the eyes in most of them.
    Did you sell any to parents?

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    Great Shotsclap.gif

I love how you can see the eyes in most of them.
    Did you sell any to parents?

Take Care,
    Charles
    none have sold yet but I'm getting a lot of hits on the gallery.

even still it's my hobby. I already have the camera gear, and i have fun iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Looks like the lens is working out for you.

The shots are good but I think your PP needs work. The darkest shadows aren't very dark and the white shirts don't seem very bright, and contrast seems weak overall, so you might bring the black point up a bit and the white point down. The white balance seems off on most of these, too: it's a sunny day, but the WB seems (as auto-WB will tend to do) to be trying to make the light look pure white, which sunlight isn't. Weighting it a little towards red would probably give a better impression of a warm, sunny day.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    craig_d wrote:
    Looks like the lens is working out for you.

The shots are good but I think your PP needs work. The darkest shadows aren't very dark and the white shirts don't seem very bright, and contrast seems weak overall, so you might bring the black point up a bit and the white point down. The white balance seems off on most of these, too: it's a sunny day, but the WB seems (as auto-WB will tend to do) to be trying to make the light look pure white, which sunlight isn't. Weighting it a little towards red would probably give a better impression of a warm, sunny day.
    Thanks

These are jsut proofs to get them on the site for parents buy, i spend more time when they purchase them to get the perfect. Unless they are way off I correct them in LR2 other wise i leave them be as i need my girlfriend here to make sure the colors are right since I'm color blind.

working this way i can slam through about 500-600 photos per hour. then start uploading.

I will take the WB off auto next time will save me some post !!! I'll set it for sunny +A2. And I'm still trying to figure out if i like ADL on or off.

to be fair the white shirt are old and more off white the new ones have a silver glean to them, look at the socks, witch are still off some :cry

Thanks for the PP tips and input. I take All i can get :D:D when one sells I'll post the final
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Welcome to Dgrin first of all.

Unfortunately, critques come slow and few and far between around here. So, try and be patient when asking for C&C. I learned my lesson the hard way

As far as your pics go, I think you did a pretty good job framing the subjects. I think you just need to work on your post processing skills. The colors in the pics are pretty flat. So, even if you have a great capture, if the colors aren't there then the quality of the pic goes down with it. Learn PhotoShop or whatever you use for PP and your pics will start coming to life when the conditions are perfect. I saved one of your pics and spent no more than 1 minute doing some touch-ups on it and the colors look alot better. Nobody uses the same techniques in post, you just gotta play with it and find what works best for you and gives you the results that please you. Anyway, here is a before and after comparison. Notice how much more the second pics grabs your attention.

709274354_WyiQF-XL.jpg

709273873_Pafam-XL.jpg
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Erbeman wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin first of all.

Unfortunately, critques come slow and few and far between around here. So, try and be patient when asking for C&C. I learned my lesson the hard way

As far as your pics go, I think you did a pretty good job framing the subjects. I think you just need to work on your post processing skills. The colors in the pics are pretty flat. So, even if you have a great capture, if the colors aren't there then the quality of the pic goes down with it. Learn PhotoShop or whatever you use for PP and your pics will start coming to life when the conditions are perfect. I saved one of your pics and spent no more than 1 minute doing some touch-ups on it and the colors look alot better. Nobody uses the same techniques in post, you just gotta play with it and find what works best for you and gives you the results that please you. Anyway, here is a before and after comparison. Notice how much more the second pics grabs your attention.

thanks for the input, I'll make more adjustments next time. set the black levels and add some contrast
  • Options
    allensfotoallensfoto Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2009

I did get on one knee as much as i could stand to be....... i need to bring a chair next time.

great shots .. love the expressions..
    if your knee bothers you get a good pair of knee pads.. lowes has some with gel inside helps me a lot..
    Curtis
    Failure is not an option for me,
    So i just keep pressing the shutter and trying again.
    http://allensfoto.net
    :gun2
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    allensfoto wrote:
    great shots .. love the expressions..
    if your knee bothers you get a good pair of knee pads.. lowes has some with gel inside helps me a lot..
    thanks i'll check that out :D