For the "Rust Lovers" in the Forum - Antique Farm Equipment

Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I've always had an interest in antiques and antique-looking things, and around our area there are quite a few pieces of antique farm equipment on display in people's yards. I took these shots of an antique sulky hay rake (among other things) a few months ago. Will post others as I finish PP.

C&C most welcome, and as always, Thanks for looking!
Caroline

708175523_CSB7b-XL.jpg

708175473_J9Wtm-XL.jpg
Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Hi Caroline,

These are well done. My only recommendation would be to close in more on the old equipment so that the little details would be more evident. The closer you can get us rust junkies to the scene of the crime, the better we like it:D .

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Hi Caroline,

These are well done. My only recommendation would be to close in more on the old equipment so that the little details would be more evident. The closer you can get us rust junkies to the scene of the crime, the better we like it:D .

Take care,

Tom

Tom:

Thanks so much for the advice. I will DEFINITELY keep it in mind when cropping the shots I have of other equipment.

Thanks for taking the time to look!
    Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    My only recommendation would be to close in more on the old equipment ...
    This is a wonderful subject and, while I wasn't there and don't know what was possible, I feel a little underwhelmed at the images and wonder what might have been.

I'd be going back (if possible) to see if there are different perspectives that better exploit the subject and provide more creative and interesting images! nod.gif
    edited November 10, 2009
    This is a wonderful subject and, while I wasn't there and don't know what was possible, I feel a little underwhelmed at the images and wonder what might have been.

I'd be going back (if possible) to see if there are different perspectives that better exploit the subject and provide more creative and interesting images! nod.gif

W.W.:

I do have some other shots of this hay rake...I took shots from all angles to make sure I had various options when cropping, etc. I will go back through and see if I have any that would make for more interesting pics. If not, this piece happens to be very local to me, so I can do a reshoot and try for improvement. I also have shots of another hay rake in a different location that might lend themselves to a more interesting image; I'll check those out as well.

Thanks so much for looking, and for the advice!
    Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    These are very nice Carolline, but as Tom pointed out it's all about the rust! The closer the better and bump up the saturation if you really want to get us RJ's excited. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Dancer72 wrote:
    I do have some other shots of this hay rake...
    I look forward to seeing what else you can come up with - this subject could be a goldmine!

I can imagine myself getting immersed in a subject like this for several hours, and at different times of the day to get different lighting, including daybreak/dusk, etc. Good luck with the other images you have, and with any reshoot! thumb.gif
    edited November 11, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    These are very nice Carolline, but as Tom pointed out it's all about the rust! The closer the better and bump up the saturation if you really want to get us RJ's excited. :D

Jack:

I want to revisit these shots and maybe zoom in on various individual pieces of the rake to see what I can come up with. Also thanks for the tip on increasing the saturation so the rust pops more than it does now. Will post the updated versions in a new thread once I get them PP.

Thanks for taking the time to look & comment!
    Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

edited November 11, 2009
    I look forward to seeing what else you can come up with - this subject could be a goldmine!

I can imagine myself getting immersed in a subject like this for several hours, and at different times of the day to get different lighting, including daybreak/dusk, etc. Good luck with the other images you have, and with any reshoot! thumb.gif

Thanks for the well wishes...will post updated images in a new thread once I finish them. I really appreciate the advice!

Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Hey Caroline,

I'm in agreement with the others. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Randy