Blue Angels @ MCAS Miramar Airshow 2009 (8 pics)

GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
edited November 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I finally finished processing my USA vacation pictures last week. Saturday oct. 3rd we were at the MCAS Miramar Airshow. One of the performing teams were the US Navy Blue Angels.

Conditions at Miramar are not easy for taking pictures. Facing south, one is almost all the time taking pictures against the sun. Nevertheless some of my pictures are acceptable.

702063149_4wVea-XL.jpg

702063233_CSqoq-XL.jpg

702073951_ro9by-XL.jpg

A few results of putting a Canon EOS 1D MkIII in "gatling gun" mode:

702128603_pcU4V-XL.jpg

702219655_ioGgB-XL.jpg

A few more that I like:

703124075_yzgMy-XL.jpg

703162681_FawRg-XL.jpg

702224704_gZ7ZU-XL.jpg

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    You have some very nice shots here. I just saw the Blue Angels yesterday at Jacksonville Beach. It's the umpteenth time I've seen them but they can always cause the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Howdy Peter,

Really great shots, love the perspectives and sharp details, looks like you had a great time.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Wow...those are good thumb.gif

May I ask what lens you used?
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Thanks for the replies.

Equipment used: Canon EOS 1D MkIII + EF 28-300L IS

I took my 28-300 instead of my 100-400L IS so I could take only one camera with me to the airshow. I just had the camera with lens and no backpack or some other bag, which allowed me to go by security much faster.

We were in the flight deck chalet (for the morning and afternoon show) which was located very near and almost at the center of the runway.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    GSPeP wrote:
    Thanks for the replies.

Equipment used: Canon EOS 1D MkIII + EF 28-300L IS

I took my 28-300 instead of my 100-400L IS so I could take only one camera with me to the airshow. I just had the camera with lens and no backpack or some other bag, which allowed me to go by security much faster.

We were in the flight deck chalet (for the morning and afternoon show) which was located very near and almost at the center of the runway.

You had a good spot to take your photos thumb.gif

Thanks for telling me which lens you used :D You took some wonderful photos there.