p801416022-4.jpg

p1050840385-4.jpg
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    I like these. The first one really had me looking. My eyes kept telling me I'm looking down into a valley when really I wasn't rolleyes1.gif
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like these. The first one really had me looking. My eyes kept telling me I'm looking down into a valley when really I wasn't rolleyes1.gif
    You're actually looking down into a river in rural Saskatchewan :) These were shot from a pedestrian bridge, a very high one at that. And you're not the first person to mention that their eyes are kinda lying to them!

Thanks for taking a look, Mary.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited November 10, 2009
    invisible wrote:
    You're actually looking down into a river in rural Saskatchewan :) These were shot from a pedestrian bridge, a very high one at that. And you're not the first person to mention that their eyes are kinda lying to them!

Thanks for taking a look, Mary.

That must be a real high bridge. Where in Saskatchewan is this?

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that had "eye" problems rolleyes1.gif
    edited November 10, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    That must be a real high bridge. Where in Saskatchewan is this?

This is the SkyTrail bridge, in Outlook, SK. It is indeed very high and long. When we were crossing it, it felt that the end was never near... and then we had to cross it back!

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited November 10, 2009
    invisible wrote:
    This is the SkyTrail bridge, in Outlook, SK. It is indeed very high and long. When we were crossing it, it felt that the end was never near... and then we had to cross it back!

Oh my....that is down right scary. And to go back across it....I'd run rolleyes1.gif

This is really neat tho. Your photos taken from this really add a totally different look to it then the ones posted on that site you linked to.

I'm not really that far away from there so hopefully some day I'll make it up to walk that bridge......well maybe walk it :D It would be a fun trip. I see its in the flyway for birds....have you been on it to take photos of the birds migrating?
    edited November 11, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    have you been on it to take photos of the birds migrating?
    Yes, but the birds (LOTS of them) were at least 1 km away from the bridge. My longest lens is 210mm, so there was no point in trying to shoot them, at least from this bridge. I snapped just one photo, verified that the birds looked like tiny dots, then deleted it and looked for something else to shoot :)

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited November 11, 2009
    invisible wrote:
    Yes, but the birds (LOTS of them) were at least 1 km away from the bridge. My longest lens is 210mm, so there was no point in trying to shoot them, at least from this bridge. I snapped just one photo, verified that the birds looked like tiny dots, then deleted it and looked for something else to shoot :)

Tiny dots -- thats a good one rolleyes1.gif Well if I make the trip looks like I might have to get a longer lens. I have the 70-300, but that will just make the tiny dots look like larger dots rolleyes1.gif