Options

#37 - A grave situation

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Do either of these have any potential? :scratch

I wonder who's going to have a harder time with this challenge, us or the judges? :huh

708535220_DSdjD-L.jpg

708718097_zRhm7-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Linda,
    I think #1 is the closest to fitting the challenge in my opinion and I like the shot, however, I think it's too close to the last challenge (creepy). I feel like I've recently seen this shot many many times, which might work against you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    I'm still in the mood of the last contest theme too rolleyes1.gif

These are very nice shots, but I'm not really sure if they fit into this theme headscratch.gif
    ... get up close and personal with your subject!...

I just don't know ne_nau.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Thanks, Liz and Tatiana. :D When I saw there were hardly any responses to my thread, I figured these two probably were duds as far as this challenge goes.

Strangely enough, Liz, I don't see these as creepy but I can see where others might and your point either of these working against me because of the last challenge is a very valid one. Thanks. thumb.gif

Hey Tatiana, I don't think I could have gotten any closer to those three headstones in #1 and still keep them in the frame. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want to just yet. :D

I'll just have to see about finding something else to fill a frame. mwink.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

Hey Tatiana, I don't think I could have gotten any closer to those three headstones in #1 and still keep them in the frame. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want to just yet. :D

Right - maybe it's just the subject... headscratch.gif
    richtersl wrote:
    I'll just have to see about finding something else to fill a frame. mwink.gif

I guess it would be better - or maybe you can take just a detail - I really don't know what to say,
    but I know you can do such nice images...

BTW: Nice to see your real photo in the avatar :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    I really like #2, actually - I think it fills the frame nicely!

I'm laughign at myself for having "no ideas" - ok, main reason is I'm busy doing other stuff and just haven't reallly had any time to shoot for this challenge, but still. I usually get comments on my portraits that they're "too close" and to "shoot looser" - so the one time I NEED a close-crop I'm not on the ball? Oy... talk about "contrarian".... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Of these #1 is my favorite. I am not LOVING it for the challenge and think you can modify along the same motif.... I like it but it doesn't POP for me.