Pretty blue eyed boy

ProjectNineFiveProjectNineFive Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited November 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is my full blooded blue bi-color Ragdoll cat. He was my model today. He is not even a year old and they don't fully mature until 3 yrs old. Try and guess what lighting i used for the first pic?

708872994_3sjHt-L.jpg

On this pic I used the 50mm f1.4 I sharpened it in PS but at f1.4 it is soft.
708873135_ixYpH-M.jpg

Comments

• marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Oh. my. gosh. I want to add your cat to the list of cute things I want to clone and put in my back pocket. He joins a magnificent group that includes my abacus wielding 5 yr old nephew rolleyes1.gif

He looks so fluffy, like whip cream lol. What lighting did you use? #2 has interesting catch lights.
  • ProjectNineFiveProjectNineFive Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    On the first pic i used my ABR800 ring flash. On the second pic is all natural light. The 2 catch lights you see are big windows from the top by the 20ft ceiling. Next time I shoot with the 50mm I'll use f2 because its sharper at f2.

If you want to know more about Ragdolls here is a good good video from Animal Planet.
    http://animal.discovery.com/videos/cats-101-ragdoll.html
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    I've moved this to 'cool shots' since there were not very many people in it thumb.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 10, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    I've moved this to 'cool shots' since there were not very many people in it thumb.gif

Whoa, Ivar. Pets aren't people? You're going to hear about this...rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Beautiful cat -- I really like the second photo. Those blue eyes are wonderful thumb.gif

No comment on the "pets aren't human" thing :cry rolleyes1.gif