The Little Eskimo

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in People
It was chilly here last week and dd pulled out her fluffy white jacket and put up the hood. I HAD to run her outside for a few pictures. She just reminds me so much of those blue eyed husky pups in these photos with her hood up. She LOVES playing model too (can you tell?). She is 3 and I swear already knows "the look" and will pose for me when I ask...How are these? THANKS for CC!!!:D

WatermarkKaitlynNovember_edited-3.jpg

Headdown1_edited-1.jpg

Kateinhat_edited-1.jpg

KatetheEskimo_edited-2.jpg

Katewiththelook.jpg

#6 I upped the saturation in this....Maybe too warm now?
Favoriteinportraitformatslightlywar.jpg

#7 How is it in bw?
BWIlove.jpg

#8 I asked her to crack a smile :)
Bunnysmiling_edited-1.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    1/2/6/7/8 are very wonderful. I like the b/w a bit better in the 6/7 pair.

The finger postion in 3 and the color both seemed to detract there.
    She looked a bit mad in 4 & 5.

The littlest bit of a smile in 8 is precious.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Thanks Andrew for the ever-helpful advice and commentaries :) Shots 2 and 3 were spurof-the-second shots. These were 2 that I grabbed consecutively and didn't take any more of that nature. I'm sorry about that because I kind of liked it later. She put her head down for those brief seconds to play with that large button and I was trying to get those eyelashes and jacket brim. I should have asked her to hold that pose. As for the mad look-- She was doing her very "serious" look rolleyes1.gif This is what she give me when I say "eyes open...serious now"... Otherwise i get smiling, squinty eyed poses all the time (which are fun too but not what I was looking for here). Thanks for your comments. Glad you liked these.
  • JwarJwar Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    love the black and white ones and the last one with her smile.clap.gif
    Jay

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
    Kinky Friedman
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 10, 2009
    Very nice series. Adorable kid with amazing eyes. You did a great job on these. Natural lighting? It's interesting how the light falls off towards the ground on some of these. You're very lucky that she likes to model for you. I wonder if that will last. My kids are a bit older and run the other way when the camera comes out. :bluduh

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited November 10, 2009
    Thanks too Jay and Joel!

Joel, these were all natural light. I don't own any lighting yet so I have to go with the 'au naturel' look. I think the dropping off of light you described is a slight burn I put on the edges of a few pics, Laughing.gif. I put it on the 3/4 body and upper chest shots to draw one more to her eyes. It shouldn't be as noticeable as it is. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    #4 blows me away. She looks just on the verge of saying "OK, Mom. Enough!" Lots of personality, and those eyes!!
    BTW, where I come from "au naturel" means nekkid. Maybe a term to stay away from, what with search engines and all.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    great series
    Love 1-7 -- both color and the black and white. Great eyes. Also a big fan of the shots that show off those big beautiful eyelashes (my two girls are blessed with that as well and it makes for some great pictures).
    edited November 11, 2009
    Icebear and Todd, THANKS for your kind words. Icebear...interesting about the naked comment. I'm from France and it doesn't mean that here, Laughing.gif! I guess you are right about those search bots though :) Thanks!

And yes Todd...little girls with long eyelashes are indeed very fun to photograph! Who knows how much longer and she'll be ditching the camera when she sees it...but for now it is fun time spent with Mommy! Lets hope it lasts!
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Great series!! I love the B&Ws, but #2 is my absolute favorite!!! thumb.gif Also her eyes in the color shots are amazing...and those lashes!!! Truly a beautiful little girl.

Thanks for sharing!
    Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    #2 & #4, although they're all beautiful. She has amazing eyes and you've captured them perfectly.

My kids favorite thing to do when I get my camera out is leave.headscratch.gif
    edited November 12, 2009
    Thanks Caroline and Dave. Wow, #2 seems to be a winner. It was one of those "moments" when you know you just have to snap although it wasn't what you set out to do with the shoot. I love those magical moments. Those 2 shots were the only of their kind...and definately 2 of my favorites from this series. Thank you all of the input. iloveyou.gif I appreciate the comments!
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Wow, #2 and #4 are absolutely incredible. Wonderful job!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!