Leafy ribbon

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,088 moderator
edited November 10, 2009 in Landscapes
This was captured at a site called "Vishnu Springs" in western Illinois. This particular plant was forced to grow leaves in a "ribbon" in order to catch the light filtering through the larger tree canopy. I used a rather high black point to emphasize the leaves and help separate them from the background.

707251370_HzEWx-O-1.jpg
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Hey Ziggy! I used to really see lots of plants growing like this in forests when I was a kid, and in the fall they are so pretty when they leaves turn colors. The splash of color really stands out, especially with the unique formation. Great catch and thanks for the botany lesson, too :D
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,088 moderator
    edited November 10, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey Ziggy! I used to really see lots of plants growing like this in forests when I was a kid, and in the fall they are so pretty when they leaves turn colors. The splash of color really stands out, especially with the unique formation. Great catch and thanks for the botany lesson, too :D

Thanks S. Lots of little details like this all over the site. The isolated valley this is in is like a tiny "slice of heaven".
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums