Some Historic Race Cars Of The Past

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited November 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
No list is complete without one of these...

709402176_3A9wt-XL.jpg

Remember these, before they became Nissans....

709402013_9fuHP-XL.jpg

One of my all-time favorites....

709401921_2SNXX-XL.jpg

This thing was bad to the bone ....

709401790_FhCgn-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 10, 2009
    Quite a concours! Where?

The McLaren Bimmers are awe-some!!!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Hi Erik,,

These were shot at the Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance, held each year in March. Amelia Island is just north of Jacksonville, FL. This show has grown so much in stature that it is, now, generally ranked as the equal to the Pebble Beach show. In fact, given the vast variety of cars that are shown, many pundits of the show-car scene rank this show as #1 in the world.

I've been to both and they are each fabulous.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Tom,

You've seen a lot of interesting cars. How many shows do you go in a year? And do you travel far to these shows?

Anthony
    edited November 10, 2009
    Hi Anthony,

I'll go to 8 or 9 significant shows throughout the year. When I go to Pebble Beach, about every 3rd year, I'm crossing the country for that one ( I live in Jacksonville ). About every other year, I'll scoot up north to catch the Meadow Brook Concours, in Rochester, MI. And, of course, I never miss the Amelia show. Those three shows are generally considered the best, as far as the number and caliber of cars that are shown.

The other shows I get to are mostly in and around Florida....reaching up to GA, SC and NC.

Tom
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Beautiful machines, or should we say works of art.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

More great shots, That has to be a very special time to see all those

beautiful machines in one place.

Lover the sharp details.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Howdy Tom

As usual these are really nice. I well remember the Datsuns. My son's first car was a 280Z (fun car to drive).

Take Care

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited November 10, 2009
    Hi Dave,

You're right on about the art part. And, as a bonus, you get to ride around in these things.

Tom
    edited November 10, 2009
    Hey Craig,

Seeing all this valuable iron in one setting is, indeed, quite a privilege. It cost many of the owners of these cars a small fortune to transport them to the show.....they come from all over the country and some are even shipped from overseas. For instance, Mercedes brought over from Germany several of their most historic racers. These cars seldom leave the museum they are housed in....much less get shipped out of the mother country. It's a real testament to the persuasive powers of the prime organizer of the show that he talked Mercedes into doing such a thing.

Take care,

Tom