Children/Family Holidy Photos.

JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited November 11, 2009 in People
Ok I have my first offical photo shoot scheduled for this Saturday. I am shooting holiday pictures of a the children of friends of ours.... I need tips for poses, positions, and/or props.. They will be shot on a white or black seemless backdrop.

At this point they are going to be standing... I do have some 5 gallon buckets i could have 1 sit on and stand behind or next to.. I could have them both sitting..

Im going to encourage the mom and dad to get in the photos as well.

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.

Comments

• tykemamatykemama Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Have FUN!
    Be sure to have your equipment ready and prepared before your session... as kids' attention spans are limited. You don't want to waste precious time fussing with your equipment once they've arrived.

That said, RELAX and have FUN! Kids will be much more responsive if you are relaxed and ready to have fun! Depending on the ages of the kids, be prepared with a few phrases that will engage them ("say Daddy has smelly feet!" - the long "e" of feet helps with good facial expressions).

If you are going for holiday... and again, depending on the age of the kids... having something for them to hold can be helpful. Toddlers like to hold things... and candy canes can be colorful and festive. Sometimes best at the end of the session... particularly if they discover how tasty they are - (can get messy if you don't get the shot right away).

I'm not above bribery, either, after checking with the parents, of course.

Oh, have a few poses in mind, as a starting point... but often the sessions dictate themselves, which is where the magic can happen.

Good luck and have FUN. thumb.gif
    ___
    www.kimberlyteichrow.com
    Original Artwork, Photography and More

I appreciate a good critique... and would love to hear from you!