How do I comp photos?

hautefotohautefoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 11, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
For example I want to have a packge that has x number of photos in it for $1000. How can I allow the customer to order the photos for free?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    You can do this one our in-development coupons feature is live... coming soon.
  • hautefotohautefoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    You can do this one our in-development coupons feature is live... coming soon.

thanks for the reply andy, do you have any suggestions as to how to accomplish this with the existing features?
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    hautefoto wrote:
    thanks for the reply andy, do you have any suggestions as to how to accomplish this with the existing features?

Right now self fulfillment is the "easiest" way (get the list of pictures from your client and order them yourself).

The only other option I'm aware of is to replace the SM checkout cart with one of your own. There are examples for PayPal and (I think) Google Checkout.
  • brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    hautefoto wrote:
    For example I want to have a packge that has x number of photos in it for $1000. How can I allow the customer to order the photos for free?

If I were you, I would just wait for coupons. While, previously, this statement would be a cruel joke (check the thread on coupons) it now seems as if we have come to the end of the line.

Based on the hints being dropped, I personally expect coupons to be released before the end of the year. January at the absolute latest.

But I've got no inside info and those who have it aren't talking.

If you can wait that long, that is going to be the way to go. Fully integrated and seamless.