Be Free, Little TV.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Someone bought a new flat screen. But for the many years before that day, this little child of the cathode set was someone's pride and joy.
The family would gather close to see the tiny images on her tiny screen and hear the small sounds that emanated from her miniscule speaker.
Oh, the years of Sesame Street, Sanford and Son and The Simpsons.

But all of that is over, now. A newer, larger, flatter screen has taken the family's attentions and left our tiny television herione's future uncertain;
a hulking, slender beast that boasts of technology and imagery undreamed of when she was young.
The son was asked to dispose of her, but he didn't have the heart to just toss her in the ash can. So, he took her to the park and set her free in the wilderness.
He gently placed her amongst the trees and grass so that, for a change, she can watch the world from her tiny screen.

The dew settles on her case, dripping down her back and into her electronics. She is cold, lonely and afraid. She is also unplugged,
so none of these words mean much of anything.

BeFreeLittleTV099.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    I just love your little story to go with your photo clap.gif

Wonderful....all alone next to the trees in the long grass. Good photo...great story and what an old tv. Bet it saw the moon landing with foil on its ears thumb.gif

Ah...when days were simple and time was plenty........
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Love it! My first instinct would've been to process this to give it a vintage look overall. However, I would've made a brutal mistake, because your edit emphasizes the subject in particular. Thanks for sharing.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Lee,

I enjoy seeing/hearing glimpses into your mind ~ just don't scare us rolleyes1.gif
    Randy