Male Photoshoot (want feedback)

asdesignsasdesigns Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited December 31, 2009 in People
Hey everyone!!! Just recently took this photoshoot and was wanting everyones opinion or things that I did well and things that need improved! THANKS!
~asdesigns
709854073_bsz7u-L.jpg

709854275_wrvhR-L.jpg

709853509_V93Yu-L.jpg

709853203_nJJZ3-L.jpg

709852877_LHPYx-L.jpg

709853712_2J5LY-L.jpg

I appreciate all of your comments!!
AS-Designs ~ Adam Sassatelli ~ www.asdesignsphotography.com

Comments

• Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Overall I think these are very well done. I really don't like the selective coloring on #2, though. It makes the whole shot look like a composite (and it might be, but it's not good if that is the first thing that jumps out at you). Plus there is some banding in the background.

The high key in #1 looks great to me, and I like low key stuff as well. For #3 and #6, I think the face is a little underexposed for my tastes. It would have helped to feather the light a little more towards the face to put some more light there and less on the lower part of his torso, IMO. #4 is very cool, I like it a lot. #1 is probably my favorite of these. I think the bit of flare over his shoulder makes the shot (even though some might consider it a technical flaw).
  • asdesignsasdesigns Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Overall I think these are very well done. I really don't like the selective coloring on #2, though. It makes the whole shot look like a composite (and it might be, but it's not good if that is the first thing that jumps out at you). Plus there is some banding in the background.

The high key in #1 looks great to me, and I like low key stuff as well. For #3 and #6, I think the face is a little underexposed for my tastes. It would have helped to feather the light a little more towards the face to put some more light there and less on the lower part of his torso, IMO. #4 is very cool, I like it a lot. #1 is probably my favorite of these. I think the bit of flare over his shoulder makes the shot (even though some might consider it a technical flaw).

Thank you so much for your Input! :Dbowdown.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Really nice set. I don't like the pose on number 2, it looks like he trying to see if he got a cut on his abs or something... I don't like the elbow going out on 6, and it feels very soft as well.

3,4,5 are my favorites from the series. I think 4 would have been amazing w/o the watch band.

Still really strong shots. Thanks for sharing.

--- not a professional opinion ---- season appropriately ----
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    I really like #1. It is simply and strong. Kind of reminds me of something like a CK commercial. I wanted to like number 2, but I didn't like what you did with the background there. Good shots overall.
  • Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Number 2 doesn't do much for me at all. Maybe if it were a different colour, but the blue behind a black and white shot make it feel cheap to me.

With number 3 and 6, the only thing that bothers me is the pants being so low. I like the lighting, it very dramatic.

I really like number 4, the lighting, the pose, but be careful because the watch is very hot and it draws my attention to it.

I like number 1, the high key shot is great!

Over all, I think these are very nice! clap.gif My favourite is definitely number 5, well done thumb.gif

Take Care,
    Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    You got some AWESOME photos here clap.gif

#1: A bit soft & HIS right side looks blown to me. Can't put my finger on it, but not one of my favorites ...
    #2: Not especially liking selected coloring, which I guess it is in this case, also not really liking the pose
    #3: Beauuuutiful. Do you think you could get a bit more of the detail of HIS left side (face) back? iloveyou.gif
    #4: Love it iloveyou.gif
    #5: Love it iloveyou.gif
    #6: Love it iloveyou.gif (I'd just tone down the bright spot on HIS left arm - I think it's his watch? ... So it doesn't jump right at you ... but other than that thumb.gif)

wings.gif
  • asdesignsasdesigns Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Thank you guys so much for your input! I really appriciate it! :Dbowdown.gif
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    I think you did a great job in creating a mood. I personally don't care for 1 & 2. Not sure of what is supposed to be happening but that is just personal taste. He will be very pleased with these and you should be congratulated for presenting professional images.