Options

Tried to salvage some some poorly exposed shots

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in Sports
Had some bad light conditions at Scott's. A few of the people on the forum have suggested I convert them to B&W. This is my attempt. Would love to know what everyone thinks. I have thick skin!!:D

1)

709930194_qTFen-L.jpg

709928640_8hoGi-L.jpg

709928988_Mve97-L.jpg

709931816_5ih35-L.jpg

709928297_8uiWM-L.jpg

709930706_MPhJW-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Nice Jacob

A couple of comments. In motorsports the convention is to leave more space in front of the vehicle. Consider recomposing some to leave more space in front of, rather than behind the surfer.

You're gettin' slick... Selective color... it looks great.

Personally I like more contrast on the ocean spittle and the suds. It results in a coarse look that is an acquired taste, but I think it enhances the violence of the activity

709243830_WdKHT-L.jpg
    Edited to show a different pic
    I get it by converting, applying a film grain, then cropping, then a supersharp and boost contrast. While you're experimenting you might like to try it.
    Rags
  • Options
    TNTATCTNTATC Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Where were they riding. We just had a hurricane go through and got some great wind and surf. I like the pics but mabye like he said use the position of the subject to show where he is going or what he's looking at down the wave. Overall I dont care I love any shot kitesurfing. Props what waterhousing do you use. I'v got a 5D been looking at housing for a while
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Nice Jacob

A couple of comments. In motorsports the convention is to leave more space in front of the vehicle. Consider recomposing some to leave more space in front of, rather than behind the surfer.

You're gettin' slick... Selective color... it looks great.

Personally I like more contrast on the ocean spittle and the suds. It results in a coarse look that is an acquired taste, but I think it enhances the violence of the activity

709243830_WdKHT-L.jpg
    Edited to show a different pic
    I get it by converting, applying a film grain, then cropping, then a supersharp and boost contrast. While you're experimenting you might like to try it.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree and usually do that but thought the crops looked better this way. Here they are the other way, what do you think?

710901149_zsqAL-L.jpg

710903575_KDQfu-L.jpg

710905601_gtkEa-L.jpg

710902512_63qie-L.jpg

710904753_z42NK-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    TNTATC wrote:
    Where were they riding. We just had a hurricane go through and got some great wind and surf. I like the pics but mabye like he said use the position of the subject to show where he is going or what he's looking at down the wave. Overall I dont care I love any shot kitesurfing. Props what waterhousing do you use. I'v got a 5D been looking at housing for a while

I was on shore so, I had no housing. This was Scott's Creek CA, just North of Santa Cruz.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    I think the crops improved the composition #4 rocks

Nice work
    Rags