Writing on the back of the cards...

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited November 11, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

My client wants to know what the back of the 4x8 flat cards looks like. They want to be able to write a custom message (with a pen) to each guest at their wedding.

So are the backs completely white or is there an EZ Print or Smugmug logo?
Is the back of the card made of a material that is writable and won't smudge?

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Ryan, it's photo paper - glossy and matte are the lesser expensive, thinner. Luster is the thickest. Lustre has a watermark on the back, all three will have control numbers on them, from the printer - and your backprinting if you choose it.

you can easily write on these with a marker.
  • OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Thanks Andy --- although they are writable, it's not the prettiest.

What about the insides of the 5x7 folded cards? Are they the same??

I know that many of the folded cards have space to type custom text - but it becomes generic for all cards. I would like to know if any of these cards can look good with some good old fashioned ink.

Cheers,

Ryan
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Oakley wrote:
    Thanks Andy --- although they are writable, it's not the prettiest.

What about the insides of the 5x7 folded cards? Are they the same??

I know that many of the folded cards have space to type custom text - but it becomes generic for all cards. I would like to know if any of these cards can look good with some good old fashioned ink.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan

The 5x7s are laminated (or some similar finish) on the outside, but regular card stock on the inside. If you choose a design that does not have photos/printing on the inside there is plenty of space to write a note ...with a pen even mwink.gif
  • OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Great, thanks Ann