Help with lighting problem?

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited November 11, 2009 in Technique
Happy Wednesday dgrinners! Was hoping for some advice on how to fix this problem I am having.

I just moved to a larger studio room and finally it was big enough for a "real" backdrop with stands and everything! So I bought me a white canvas and a black wrinkle free cloth background 10x20 and put it up. Have the 2 background bees shooting f11 to the back. Baby about 8 feet from the background. Main light to camera left (I used to have it to the right and am having a hard time working this way!) is about 4-5 feet from the baby at F8, fill is from a big rigid reflector. In my old set up I used white tile board for the floor but now this picture is just the canvas backdrop. The light seems to be not hitting far enough and causing a blue hue and you can see the wrinkles. Is the only way to fix this by getting rid of the wrinkles or going back to the tile board or is there another way you could share? Busy season is ahead and I need much less photoshop time as I am sure you all do! so this is my problem with white lighting.... SOOC

710578461_zhp5f-L.jpg

Now for my black lighting problem. Seems under exposed but meters F8, This I have no background lights but a 12x36 softbox with egg crates to camera right in the back metered at 5.6. Can you tell me how I might correct this picture? Backdrop is 10x20 and has less wrinkles but still has some. Too much spill on the floor? SOOC Thanks so much for any help. I would appreciate it immensely!

710588008_AeqPV-L.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!