Lunenburg Shipyard

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

A few images from the Historic Town of Lunemburg

700342955_NGPBt-O.jpg

700343159_qabXM-O.jpg

700343252_Q6L9E-O.jpg

Thanks for looking, Shot with Modded D70S by LifePixel.
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Hi Craig,

Your 1st photo is so much fun to look at. My eyes rise up to the flag on top. All those lines....I had to follow each one. And the color is thumb.gifthumb.gif

Your 2nd photo --- the white ball fascinates me. Did you take a look at it?
    3# --- its pointing out to sea wings.gif

I enjoyed looking at all 3 thumb.gif
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Hi. I really like the first and third. I'd LOVE the 2nd if you cloned out the power lines - kinda blows the historic wharf look a bit ne_nau.gif The signs don't bother me - even though they're modern - but the power lines...
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Hi Craig,

Your 1st photo is so much fun to look at. My eyes rise up to the flag on top. All those lines....I had to follow each one. And the color is thumb.gifthumb.gif

Your 2nd photo --- the white ball fascinates me. Did you take a look at it?
    3# --- its pointing out to sea wings.gif

I enjoyed looking at all 3 thumb.gif

Howdy Mary,

Thanks very much, Laughing.gif on the ball, I think it was an old bouy of some kind.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 12, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    Hi. I really like the first and third. I'd LOVE the 2nd if you cloned out the power lines - kinda blows the historic wharf look a bit ne_nau.gif The signs don't bother me - even though they're modern - but the power lines...

Howdy Snowgirl,

Thanks!!!!

As far as the powerline and the historic wharf look, that's what the historic wharf looked like:D Just part of the modern world, unfortunately!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I like #1 and #3. In #1, I like the contrast between the clouds and the dark tones of the masts and the contrast between the black water and the light tone of ship body. There are many ropes but they seem organized some how. I tried taking shots of a similar historic ship and couldn't figure out how to frame the numerous ropes. Maybe I was too close (standing directly underneath the masts). In #3, like Mary Kim said, it's neat that it points out to sea.

Anthony
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Howdy Craig

These are all very nice but I especially like #1 for the reasons already mentioned by others. Did you manage to get any good shots in the town itself? The overhead wires and parked cars obscuring all the pretty buildings drove me mad when I was there.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Hey Craig,

I like them all. I wonder about the old 3 masted ship. Is it used as a training vessel, or perhaps offered up for tours? The maintenance on something like that must be horrendous and I wonder how they offset those expenses.

Keep 'em coming, my friend, and take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    I really, really like #1! Beautifully sharp, lovely colors and great clouds. I only wish there had been a bit more image at either end; to me it seems like something may have been cutoff. Please consider this a minor nit; the picture is wonderful.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
    edited November 12, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    Hi Craig,

I like #1 and #3. In #1, I like the contrast between the clouds and the dark tones of the masts and the contrast between the black water and the light tone of ship body. There are many ropes but they seem organized some how. I tried taking shots of a similar historic ship and couldn't figure out how to frame the numerous ropes. Maybe I was too close (standing directly underneath the masts). In #3, like Mary Kim said, it's neat that it points out to sea.

Anthony

Howdy Anthony,

Thanks very much, the Lunenburg Harbor was just rich in Photo Op's.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 12, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Howdy Craig

These are all very nice but I especially like #1 for the reasons already mentioned by others. Did you manage to get any good shots in the town itself? The overhead wires and parked cars obscuring all the pretty buildings drove me mad when I was there.

Howdy Jack,

Thanks very much, I know what you mean, it was really hard to get any
    clear shots of most things.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 12, 2009
    Hey Craig,

I like them all. I wonder about the old 3 masted ship. Is it used as a training vessel, or perhaps offered up for tours? The maintenance on something like that must be horrendous and I wonder how they offset those expenses.

Keep 'em coming, my friend, and take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

I am not to sure about the Pictou being a training vessel, the Bluenose II was in port and it's a training ship, and was putting out to Sea the next day. It's supposedly a replica of the famous Racing Ship and fishing Vessel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluenose
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 12, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    I really, really like #1! Beatifully sharp, lovely colors and great clouds. I only wish there had been a bit more image at either end; to me it seems like something may have been cutoff. Please consider this a minor nit; the picture is wonderful.

Howdy Tony,

Thanks very much, it was a surreal scene, late in the evening, and a storm coming in.

I am afraid the Wires were a major factor in the Composition of the first image. I would have loved to have gotten the whole thing in but the lens on my IR camera wasn't wide enough.

Appreciate the kind reply.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Craig,

You really do get to some interesting places! Thanks for always letting us tag along.
    Randy