PG

28412475-M.jpg

Your Thoughts?

Joe B

Comments

• Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    I like it. Curvy, suggestive.....And i love the selective colour on that one particular curve!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    cool... the only thing that bugs me is the straps on her back...
    I guess there was no way of avoiding those. The curves look nice, and I love the little red border.
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    Your subject matter was my first thought when I read the challenge topic mwink.gif !

Good approach using the selective color. I think it works well in your pic. I wonder if the crop is a little too tight. And I don't mind the strap on her back - it helps give a visual reference to the viewer in a somewhat abstract shot.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    Perhaps A PG 13 Rating
    28484681-L.jpg

Your Thoughts?

Joe B
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    I think the second one has a lot of potential but the lighting is off. Seems like you need more of it. Also, I think the image would have more effect if the subject was more clearly an outline of a person. I think you can do this while still providing emphasis on the curved aspect of the human form.

Erich
  • Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    Still PG 13
    erich6 wrote:
    I think the second one has a lot of potential but the lighting is off. Seems like you need more of it. Also, I think the image would have more effect if the subject was more clearly an outline of a person. I think you can do this while still providing emphasis on the curved aspect of the human form.

Erich
    Perhaps this outline would better suit the curves theme?
    28582432-M.jpg

Joe B
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited July 18, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Perhaps this outline would better suit the curves theme?
    28582432-S.jpg
    Joe B
    Hmmm. Like the curveyness and compo. The background is just a tad dark for me. Looks like you were going for the moodiness in this shot, but the model's outline could be better defined with more light on the background. Perhaps you could use the curves tool to bring out the midtones in the background a little more?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky