Fog Light(ing)

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in People
When I get some foggy light, my color, or sense thereof, seems to go down the toilet. Can I get some feedback on where my color seems off [yes, I own a grey card, and no I didn't use it, yes I am an idiot and I got what I deserved...]

710842582_dzrDC-M.jpg
710848142_qU6u6-M.jpg
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Color seems ok to me...good saturation and lighting. In the first I'd try a bit of a different crop that reduces space at the top and moves your subject out of the center of the frame. Second shot I would have kept her entire body in frame, recomposed with less at the top and moved the comp so that the pumpkin to viewer left is closer to left edge so that it pulled your subject out of the middle of the frame. Nice lighting in both and very clear and DOF control.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Color seems ok to me...good saturation and lighting. In the first I'd try a bit of a different crop that reduces space at the top and moves your subject out of the center of the frame. Second shot I would have kept her entire body in frame, recomposed with less at the top and moved the comp so that the pumpkin to viewer left is closer to left edge so that it pulled your subject out of the middle of the frame. Nice lighting in both and very clear and DOF control.
    Thanks, Randy. I wasn't playing with the crop here so much because the color seemed to be bugging me, esp the one with the pumpkins. I totally botched the pumpkin shot (there is no bottom of the body there), so I'll need to crop up a little bit to avoid the wrist amputation that is there.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited November 11, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Thanks, Randy. I wasn't playing with the crop here so much because the color seemed to be bugging me, esp the one with the pumpkins. I totally botched the pumpkin shot (there is no bottom of the body there), so I'll need to crop up a little bit to avoid the wrist amputation that is there.

No worries Andrew...the colors seem to be well within range of what one would expect to see (e.g. pumpkins and grass.) so you have those dialed in. I don't always use my WB card either and sometimes it bites me in the end.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited November 11, 2009
    Crops:
    C1:
    710866259_fgH79-M.jpg

C2: There wasn't much of a way to keep both pumpkins since the original above is the full frame of data.
    710866408_8vhUL-M.jpg
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited November 11, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Crops:
    C1:
    710866259_fgH79-M.jpg

C2: There wasn't much of a way to keep both pumpkins since the original above is the full frame of data.
    710866408_8vhUL-M.jpg

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited November 11, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Thanks. bowdown.gif
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    I see no wrong here Andrew :D ! They are both super, although yes I think the original pumpkin shot should have had the whole body, but the new crop is great! The colors are perfect on my calibrated monitor. I tell you though... I had a tough time with my pumkin shots too. Something about that big, bright glowing pumkin and the color of the rest of the pic. I totally hear, you but your color is great. Her look in 1 is super sweet too!
    edited November 12, 2009
    Thanks.
    I need her to relax her smile. I think she tries too hard....
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site