edited November 16, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
did I hear a rumor that you were going to set up up where I can set up packages

Package A
1 8 by 10
8 wallets

package b
1 5 by 7
4 wallets

and then just click on the package rather than selecting these for each kid on the team?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
  • MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    did I hear a rumor that you were going to set up up where I can set up packages

Package A
    1 8 by 10
    8 wallets

package b
    1 5 by 7
    4 wallets

and then just click on the package rather than selecting these for each kid on the team?

Yup...they are coming. Should be here any second.

Just pulling your leg Josh...this has been on the agenda here for years. If you need this I suggest you go somewhere else. SM has many great viewing features but these type of features are not their strong point.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Montec wrote:

Just pulling your leg Josh...this has been on the agenda here for years. If you need this I suggest you go somewhere else. SM has many great viewing features but these type of features are not their strong point.

anyone recommend a vendor whose does packages quickly and easily?
    edited November 16, 2009
    Montec wrote:

your post is not complete, Monte - since it's almost sure that Josh doesn't know that we're actively developing packages right now.

To Josh, yes, we've been working on them a long time - and wish we had them done ages ago. But we're getting closer on them. No, we won't state a date, sorry, can't give a date yet.
    edited November 16, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    your post is not complete, Monte - since it's almost sure that Josh doesn't know that we're actively developing packages right now.

To Josh, yes, we've been working on them a long time - and wish we had them done ages ago. But we're getting closer on them. No, we won't state a date, sorry, can't give a date yet.

Good to know, Andy. I will keep my eyes open. I am a big fan/user of Smugmug.
  • timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Given the lack of guidance from SM on release dates, the fact that packages are 'under development' is pretty well irrelevant for people with a near-term need for this functionality.
    Andy wrote:
    and in the absence of any guidance from SM, anyone with a near-term need for packages can only assume that they won't be available in the foreseeable future and not to make any plans requiring that functionality until it's actually released.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
    edited November 16, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    Given the lack of guidance from SM on release dates, the fact that packages are 'under development' is pretty well irrelevant for people with a near-term need for this functionality.

and in the absence of any guidance from SM, anyone with a near-term need for packages can only assume that they won't be available in the foreseeable future and not to make an plans that involve that functionality until it's actually released.
    We've given guidance - we've got a full-time sorcerer assigned to this, and nothing else. We'll give a date when we know.

We know you, and others, want this.

Along with coupons, it's our highest priority feature.

Thanks!
  • timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We've given guidance - we've got a full-time sorcerer assigned to this, and nothing else.
    That would only be guidance if the user base could infer a completion date from it. That you've allocated resources to this project doesn't do that.
    Andy wrote:
    We'll give a date when we know.
    Is this a change of policy?
    Andy wrote:
    Along with coupons, it's our highest priority feature.
    If that's the case, then assign more developers to these two efforts and get them done sooner.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
    edited November 16, 2009
    I am not a programmer, but it is not hard for me to imagine it is difficult to predict how long something like this will take. If you have followed software release dates over the years you find it is slightly less accurate than predicting the weather. I appreciate Andy/Smugmug's candor in saying we just don't know.
  • tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    geez, do we have to have ANOTHER thread on this topic? give it a rest guys and look to the packages thread for all the back-n-forth you can take.
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • CanonRebelzCanonRebelz Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    I am not a programmer, but it is not hard for me to imagine it is difficult to predict how long something like this will take. If you have followed software release dates over the years you find it is slightly less accurate than predicting the weather. I appreciate Andy/Smugmug's candor in saying we just don't know.
    Nor am I a programmer either(I know a little HTML and BASIC but not stuff like that!) but I can imagine the months and months and days and days filled with long hours and many coffee cups required to create something like that. I'm a new Smugger (just signed up and bought a pro account friday) and really wish packages were available, but I'm happy to wait in knowing that when they are released they will be what we are looking for and more.

P.S. Just as tjk60 said, they created a thread for that very reason. But I just thought I'd say one thing :P
    Save $5 off your SmugMug subscription by using this code fb25FQ7gR6O96!