3. 709035184_CzeBD-L.jpg

4. 709033695_ZjgVb-L.jpg

5. 709035606_NdGm6-L.jpg

6. 709005124_LmhuA-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Great shots!! Love the #1-4. How cool was that to catch the puck hitting the post in #4!!

Stephanie
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Wow, where do you shoot from? That looks like a hard sport to shoot because if you properly expose the ice, everything else is going to be dark and it looks like you found a pretty decent medium here. I little more post and you could probably make these look great!! My only suggestions are to get your colors to pop a bit more and to crop that first pic down some. It has potential to be really good but there is alot of dead space to the left and bottom and you got the player perfectly centered. Remember your rule of thirds my friend. In 10 seconds you can crop that pic to be perfect. Hopefully you'll keep bringing us some Hockey pics. Thanks
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Great shots!! Love the #1-4. How cool was that to catch the puck hitting the post in #4!!

Stephanie

Pretty darn lucky is what it was! :D
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Erbeman wrote:
    Wow, where do you shoot from? That looks like a hard sport to shoot because if you properly expose the ice, everything else is going to be dark and it looks like you found a pretty decent medium here. I little more post and you could probably make these look great!! My only suggestions are to get your colors to pop a bit more and to crop that first pic down some. It has potential to be really good but there is alot of dead space to the left and bottom and you got the player perfectly centered. Remember your rule of thirds my friend. In 10 seconds you can crop that pic to be perfect. Hopefully you'll keep bringing us some Hockey pics. Thanks

Thanks Erbeman. Shooting hockey is indeed very difficult. It is a quick moving game with dynamic players and an extreme high contrast environment.

These were straight from camera. You are right about rule of thirds. If I was to print these, I would do some more post processing and crop. Truth is, the guys that use these shots prefer a little dead space...it gives them room to place sponsorship info and text.

I'll try to post more regularly here! thumb.gif
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    These were straight from camera.!
    Impressive. You must be shooting in well lit rink

I like the first three...
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Very nice. Were you shooting from behind the glass or through one of the camera holes?

These are very nice shots. It is also the first time I have seen advertising on goal pipes.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Very nice. Were you shooting from behind the glass or through one of the camera holes?

These are very nice shots. It is also the first time I have seen advertising on goal pipes.

I was one the ice for the flame shot #1. The rest were through the glass. The glass can be quite challenging at times. Puck streaks are the worst. If you are panning and go by one, it will rack your focus.